Simmons limited snaps?

Hbg

Was Simmons on a snap count or did I miss something? i thought he was very disruptive in the first quarter.

I'm pretty sure I saw him, and heard his name. Don't take that as gospel, but I'd swear I did.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
He‘s gonna be a good one for us

(Sorry, I screwed up the thread title before.)

I was hoping he would be more of a factor at this point in his UT career. I may be ignorant regarding defense, but should he be playing more by now? I apologize if 12 snaps is balling out, I've never played "organized" football.

I was hoping he would be more of a factor at this point in his UT career. I may be ignorant regarding defense, but should he be playing more by now? I apologize if 12 snaps is balling out, I've never played "organized" football.
Not in game shape now due to injury but he’ll never play more than 20 snaps a game.

I went back and watched all of his snaps. He was a disruptor. He appeared to still be somewhat hurt, though. I thought he had a sports hernia, and at one point, I saw him pressing on his left groin area. Hopefully, he did not reinjured himself. He was playing at the end, so I think he is fine. He set up a couple of sacks because he took the guard and deposited him into Rattler's lap, and as a result Rattler was pushed right into DE's. After my DL rewatch, I was much more impressed with the interior than the edges. The LT was really bad. Our ends are really gifted but have horrible technique at times. We could easily have had twice as many sacks. They had trouble bending and tightening the arc. They got way too far upfield when there was a chance to just clean a hand and make the sack. That is fixable stuff. It is nice to have athleticism on the edges.

Also, watching just the DT play, I thought Omari had a rough game. Call me a hater, but he isn't someone that has ever been impressive in my eyes. He is really streaky, though he has made plays. Last night, he was the fourth or fifth, if you count when Baron moves inside, best DT we had. He stands straight up. If he isn't lightyears more physically gifted than his opponent, he just doesn't win much. He gets destroyed when doubled. Their long touchdown was largely his fault. He got moved five to six hards down the line and moved right out of his gap.
As a result, Herring had to try to come back inside and play the B gap, but the C to had a clean release to Herring for an easy run. Omari didn't fight the pressure on the double or attempt to split it, he tried to run away from the pressure, ended up in the wrong gap, and left his guys behind out to dry.

VN Store

Back