So does OT now become our biggest portal need?

We are reaching out to the LSU five star offensive lineman. Rutledge also from Georgia seems to be interested. He has relatives that attend UT that he is close to. I say let’s pick both of them up. 😱
LSU guy is likely headed to Ole Miss according to a lot of ppl around the lsu program. Kiffin straight up tampering to get him but nothing will happen. Did Ratledge ever even enter the portal?

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
LSU guy is likely headed to Ole Miss according to a lot of ppl around the lsu program. Kiffin straight up tampering to get him but nothing will happen. Did Ratledge ever even enter the portal?
I appreciate your optimism.

Without a doubt. Mays and Campbell are more important than Mincey. He's replaceable but it does hurt losing a solid OL whose played a lot of snaps in the system the last couple if years. Maybe he's just testing the waters and eventually comes back.

We are reaching out to the LSU five star offensive lineman. Rutledge also from Georgia seems to be interested. He has relatives that attend UT that he is close to. I say let’s pick both of them up. 😱
Does this Rutledge thing really have any legs? I heard the rumblings last week or so, but thought it has been shot down. I agree, if you can get both, do it. Can never be too deep on the OL.

One OT and one OG would be my preferred targets. The OG from Kansas St. could be a decent upgrade for us. I still think we need a TE and 2 DBs, one safety and one CB. The roster is still very much in a build mode. Better, but still a ways to go.

I know some think Mincey might come back. I don't think so. We'll use his money to go after another option.

Reactions: Seve
Does this Rutledge thing really have any legs? I heard the rumblings last week or so, but thought it has been shot down. I agree, if you can get both, do it. Can never be too deep on the OL.
Not yet. It’s still ongoing for now. It may be shot down later on, but hearing Cooper is still after him to come.

Reactions: Vol737
Who is this Rutledge guy I keep hearing about

Reactions: Vol737
Some wont like this but, had recruiting been better in previous years. We wouldnt be in this situation year after year.

Now we HAVE to land a portaler. Next year could be bad if we dont. Still could be bad on the line.

Reactions: orangemadam
What? I thought mincey leaving was a good thing. The sunshine gang has tried to convince me everyone that has left is a good thing and they’ve all been recruited over. You telling me this ain’t so?

What? I thought mincey leaving was a good thing. The sunshine gang has tried to convince me everyone that has left is a good thing and they’ve all been recruited over. You telling me this ain’t so?
Staff reaction to each and every guy exiting via the portal will be the only valid path to an answer. Managing to the 83 number is what it is. Until we have reason to believe that the staff does not have a greater than or equal too solution, already on the roster or by addition, negative speculation by a fan is a negative with NO VALUE ADD. Got to have a hole to fill a hole. Spring practice can POSSIBLY supply some answers, portal offers others. If we have a MAJOR hole the May portal could still be in play, especially with the networking among the players with some upwardly mobile talent seeing opportunity at a high profile program. Lamenting now is just plain weak.

Some wont like this but, had recruiting been better in previous years. We wouldnt be in this situation year after year.

Now we HAVE to land a portaler. Next year could be bad if we dont. Still could be bad on the line.

Well recruiting at UGA has been pretty solid, but they're having to use the portal every year too. This college football NIL / Portal has become a big mess. Wouldn't go buying a jersey with a kid's name and number on it. They'll likely end up playing somewhere else before you get too many wears out of it.

Has anybody with access really taken the position that none of our young bucks on the roster can be ready by the fall? Are we really in certifiable panic mode? Is getting a portal addition a must or a plus? Mincey has created a slot in our 83, that is a fact. Beyond that???

VN Store

Back