So, if Freeze were to be our OC next season....

I was critical and very negative towards JG beginning the season. I really thought Chryst would end up starting.

JG is one tough SOB. Fix the line and give the kid a fighting chance. I think he has earned it.

Reactions: feathersax
What's the quicker fix, a line worthy of the SEC or a QB who is willing to run?

I was critical and very negative towards JG beginning the season. I really thought Chryst would end up starting.

JG is one tough SOB. Fix the line and give the kid a fighting chance. I think he has earned it.
Still not buying it. This team needs a fresh perspective at QB next year. If JP wants to really work on getting this s—t show turned around he needs to have a different guy not named Guarantano under center and hire an outstanding OC as well

I hope the same thing as before the start of the season. I want the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

After a lot of personal deliberation, I do think JG probably was that guy this year. I think the coaches knew Chryst threw the ball to the other jersey too much. That said, the team will not be significantly better even with a better surrounding cast if JG does not improve significantly as a player. Honestly, I hope he does. The kid has great pride for the school and this program. He has worked hard enough to deserve success.

Reactions: feathersax
You had to be 'that' guy, dinin ya?

I yam whut I yam :]

I am concerned that since CHF prefers zone reads and a vertical attack, JG would be even more battered/sacked than he was this season. CHF can't fix the OL with a magic wand.

Last edited:
Some of you are completely blind.

JG is not the greatest QB we've had in the past decade but to say he sucks is unfair. No one, not even Peyton Manning could have done much better behind that line.

We were between 118-122nd in the NATION for tackles for loss allowed.

JGs best games were when the OL had the best games.

JG vs AU: 21/32 328yds 2 TDs
JG vs UK: 12/20 192yds 2 TDs

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
Still not buying it. This team needs a fresh perspective at QB next year. If JP wants to really work on getting this s—t show turned around he needs to have a different guy not named Guarantano under center and hire an outstanding OC as well
I had to move from one seat at a bar to another so I couldn't hear two guys saying the same thing. Over and over saying the same thing without mentioning fixing the OL first. Untill the OL is fixed no other QB is going to come in and light it up.

VN Store

Back