So, Robertson has Apparantly unseated

This really bothers me about Roberson playing over Kendrick and Sanders, even Wiesman for that matter. Are these three guys not going to help us in the future or is Robertson just a bad azz? Our recruiting in this area the last few years has been piss poor. We need 5 recruits for 2015, and 5 for 2016 in my opinion.

This really bothers me about Roberson playing over Kendrick and Sanders, even Wiesman for that matter. Are these three guys not going to help us in the future or is Robertson just a bad azz? Our recruiting in this area the last few years has been piss poor. We need 5 recruits for 2015, and 5 for 2016 in my opinion.

All will contribute.

I understand he will likely red shirt this year. I think that is good idea.

Coleman Thomas? Kerbyson will slide out to to rt? This means Gilliam is one of our five best? I thought Coleman Thomas was a phenom? It looks like Gilliam, Jackson,crowder,Robertson, kerbyson? With Weismann,Thomas, and maybe Blair? Any concerns?

Blair will probably start at LT

All will contribute.

Here is what you hope for guys. If butch is getting the job done, he will continue to recruit over mediocre players in our program. That is what you want. I would like for us to recruit a freshman every year that's good enough to start. The only way we get back to championship level is to simply get better players. We are doing that with Roberson. I hope we didn't jump the gun on Coleman Thomas like we might have done with Weismann.

Reactions: 2 people
Here is what you hope for guys. If butch is getting the job done, he will continue to recruit over mediocre players in our program. That is what you want. I would like for us to recruit a freshman every year that's good enough to start. The only way we get back to championship level is to simply get better players. We are doing that with Roberson. I hope we didn't jump the gun on Coleman Thomas like we might have done with Weismann.

Generally hard to start as a FR unless you have exceptional strength coming out of HS..Got to remember, Weisman was a late addition to last year's class. Also.. The bulk of the O on the roster is 20 or less of age.. Its matters when you are going against men in the SEC on the DL

Generally hard to start as a FR unless you have exceptional strength coming out of HS..Got to remember, Weisman was a late addition to last year's class. Also.. The bulk of the O on the roster is 20 or less of age.. Its matters when you are going against men in the SEC on the DL

The point remains that we need to recruit better players to get back to atlanta.

When the program got really rolling in the early 90s, this is exactly what happened. It seemed like whenever we would replace an upperclassman with someone younger, the younger player was simply better--even when the upperclassman was starting and was,replaced because of injury. Those were fun times, and we need to see a repeat.

Heck, CBJ is likely hoping this kid is adequate at this point. The OL is going to be a season long discussion.

Robertson has been a star since his freshman year at MBA. I wanted to sign this kid while he was still committed to vandy and I think he was a top pick up in the class. He can be NFL material.

Also, Dooley taking 0 (Yes, that's right 0) OL in one of his classes is pretty relevant to this thread. We probably wouldn't be starting freshmen if we had a few more bodies.

We're starting exactly 1 freshman on the OL, and he's earned it. Besides that we have 3 Jr's and a RS Soph starting.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We're starting exactly 1 freshman on the OL, and he's earned it. Besides that we have 3 Jr's and a RS Soph starting.

What? Coleman Thomas and Robertson are both true freshmen. Add a TE into the mix and we are counting on 3 freshmen to get blocking done. Not bashing them at all, but they will be better in their second year than in their first. :question:

Dooley should be kicked in the nuts bi weekly for his recruiting ( or lack thereof) on the OL.

I am to the point where I would just as soon not even hear his name. He disgusts me..... I am not having a fit here I am merely saying I am tired of drowning in his inept abilities.... I ask to not mention the gentleman's name again.:mf_surrender:

When James, Fulton, and Stone all started together as freshmen, that offensive line performed pretty well. I remember threads here predicting what never happened then, but is happening now with this offensive line.

With what's happening this year recruiting DTs, it seems the only remaining weakness in recruiting by position is on the offensive line. A couple of guys we could really use were here on official visits last weekend (Burrell and Allen a GA commit), and I think I read that Richmond will be in this weekend in spite of having committed to Old Mess. Looks like a breakthrough with one or more of those guys is about THE recruiting priority at this point.

When James, Fulton, and Stone all started together as freshmen, that offensive line performed pretty well. I remember threads here predicting what never happened then, but is happening now with this offensive line.

With what's happening this year recruiting DTs, it seems the only remaining weakness in recruiting by position is on the offensive line. A couple of guys we could really use were here on official visits last weekend (Burrell and Allen a GA commit), and I think I read that Richmond will be in this weekend in spite of having committed to Old Mess. Looks like a breakthrough with one or more of those guys is about THE recruiting priority at this point.

We have 5 OL committed for the 2015 class. I would say that's pretty good.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back