Something to think about.

So what makes you think that Chadwell would be a better option? UCF is a much bigger program with much higher standards and pressures than Coastal. Chadwell had one great season during a pandemic year where everything was all out of whack. And their one big win was against a team that didn’t know if they were playing until Thursday when they packed up their bags and flew all the way to Conway with no preparation. I would have gotten behind Chadwell, just like I will with Heupel, but UCF would prepare a coach better for this job than Coastal would.
For the sake of argument I'll tell you.

Chadwell has a history of building programs. He's done it at 3 different lower level schools...all of which improved. Follow me on this one...our program is broken, and needs to be rebuilt. Heupel inherited an ascending program from Frost, and it has progressively and in a linear fashion worsened during his tenure.

So...at this time of need in our program, I view the young, ascendant, innovative offensive mind that has direct ties to our community as a potential "next-big-thing". There are no Saban's or Dabo's out there to go steal...so maybe we make our own. Perhaps I'm wrong...nobody knows. But at this time, with sanctions looming, you can take a chance on the up-and-comer...guarantee him a period to establish his system and brand, before the pressure is on. But we didn't. It'll be interesting to see where Chadwell has landed in 3-4 years when we inevitably start having these discussions again.

Let the countdown begin....

Kiffin left us in the middle of the night and the other 2 have NCAA issues in their past. Fans should have known those guys were not coming here.
You should explore a little deeper that assertion about Chadwell. And...somebody will hire Freeze, soon. Kiffin...I can understand peoples heartburn, but we all deserves second chances. Be careful casting those stones.

You should explore a little deeper that assertion about Chadwell. And...somebody will hire Freeze, soon. Kiffin...I can understand peoples heartburn, but we all deserves second chances. Be careful casting those stones.
2nd chances yes but it wasn't happening here and this moment

Reactions: I4Vols
What was VNs biggest complaints of Pruitt?
- inability to develop a qb.
- team played uninspired football
- need to score more points instead of playing conservative

Heupel lost his starting qb (Milton) midway through his first year as a HC. All he did was develop the guy that eventually claimed the team.

I’ve personally never seen a Heupel coached UCF game that his team was flat and I never seen one that the team DIDNT battle to the end. Even in the losses.

This guy lead an offense that averaged 42 points a game and was inside the top 10 every year. He didn’t do that with check downs or a run first approach. He did it by playing an aggressive style of offense and getting EVERYONE involved.

Here’s the kicker for those of you that are freaking out because his name isn’t as big as you’d hoped. Everything I wrote was done with mostly 3* players and below. Let that sink in and give the guy a chance!
How does Brian feel about this?
Funny enough i thought this is who he would end playing for in 2021 haha.

Yeah you're right about all the pros you pointed out.

We still need a Passrush and LBs

Reactions: 1vol8
How does Brian feel about this?
Funny enough i thought this is who he would end playing for in 2021 haha.

Yeah you're right about all the pros you pointed out.

We still need a Passrush and LBs
Well...... I haven’t talked to him but if you remember old posts of mine I’ve repeatedly told people that he LOVED UCF and nearly chose them over UT. HBs dad is correct regardless of how the fans feel. These players commit to coaches and only then LEARN to love the university. Not the other way around. So there was obviously a relationship there for UCF to be the only non P-5 school that stood a chance to land him to begin with. I wouldn’t count him out like most are doing but what do I know?

Reactions: LittleVol
Well...... I haven’t talked to him but if you remember old posts of mine I’ve repeatedly told people that he LOVED UCF and nearly chose them over UT. HBs dad is correct regardless of how the fans feel. These players commit to coaches and only then LEARN to love the university. Not the other way around. So there was obviously a relationship there for UCF to be the only non P-5 school that stood a chance to land him to begin with. I wouldn’t count him out like most are doing but what do I know?
Finally a legitimate QB battle is coming I think.

Hooker is a talented player too. The tempo and rpo/ QB run element give Brian and Hendon some advantages. Should be a really good spring!

Reactions: 1vol8

VN Store

Back