Sports Card Collectors!

Love SGC.
Wright Bowman U Chrome Sapphire
Yellow /75

View attachment 638166
SKV, My son and I only collect baseball, but I looked at one of these today at our LCS, because not only is he a Vol but now a Dolphin!
I was so close to inquiring about it but couldn’t get past the Miguel Cabrera auto.🤷‍♂️
How much was this, if you don’t mind sharing?

SKV, My son and I only collect baseball, but I looked at one of these today at our LCS, because not only is he a Vol but now a Dolphin!
I was so close to inquiring about it but couldn’t get past the Miguel Cabrera auto.🤷‍♂️

With shipping and all...I got it for around $20

Oh..also...I know a few months back you said your son was looking for a Jordan Beck patch auto...did he ever find one?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Oh..also...I know a few months back you said your son was looking for a Jordan Beck patch auto...did he ever find one?
Nothing in our price range. Everything orange in Knoxville is priced through the roof! Our best Vol finds are usually when on vacation.😁

they are on card - base cards are glossy stock, so might want to experiment with sharpies to see which would sign best on them - I was guessing the fine point sharpies in blue
Just rub them down with a little bit of baby powder and a regular sharpie will work like a charm.....

Reactions: 508mikey
You dont buy on Ebay ?
No, I don’t want to start that habit for me or my son. I’ve tried to teach him that it’s a hobby, for fun. Not something we blow the mortgage payment or grocery money on.🤷‍♂️
I know 2 guys, one very well, who got in deep with sportscards.
We buy local at a couple of shops or at our small shows.
We make lists of players and/or certain cards were after.
It makes it fun for us.

Reactions: 508mikey
No, I don’t want to start that habit for me or my son. I’ve tried to teach him that it’s a hobby, for fun. Not something we blow the mortgage payment or grocery money on.🤷‍♂️
It makes it fun for us.
I miss the pre Ebay days when there were Card Shows every other week in my area and 2 Card Shops

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Did you guys see that Jared Dickey is in the new Bowman? So is Carson Rucker.
Both have a Bowman 1st in the release.
We are on the hunt.

It makes it fun for us.
I buy excusivlely from eBay. My mortgage still gets paid, and we don’t go without groceries.

It is possible to not go full retard.

I buy excusivlely from eBay. My mortgage still gets paid, and we don’t go without groceries.

It is possible to not go full retard.
Sure it is, but I want to mold my son so that he doesn’t go down that path when he’s older, if he decides to continue collecting.
And I can’t say with certainty, that Dad wouldn’t go full retard.🤪
It just sounds better to say I’m trying to teach my son “values!”
😜

Reactions: YankeeVol
He does. He cut his teeth on those Gilbert and Beck teams, they have a special place with him.
His first Tennessee baseball game was the Gilbert, walkoff Grand Slam vs Wright St!😎
So basically, that guy is a legend in his mind.
If it’s cool with you, I’d like to send him something. Shoot me a DM with an address, if so.

VN Store

Back