Spring Practice #1 3/24 4:20pm

Some young guys are afraid to make the older guys look bad or actually work hard, and piss them off. Some think it's an unwritten law on the practice field.

Anybody notice how little effort jalen and kamara were giving in a similar drill where they're trying to rip the ball?

We shouldn't't make assumptions about effort or drills from a 5 sec clip on YouTube IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
One of the reports discussed TE depth and didn't mention Alex Ellis. I thought he was a RS senior this year?

Dormady can sling it for sure. He seems to spin it the best from what i saw but jennings is no slouch either. Even with the inexperience, i still feel a lot better about qb this year. Also cam looks sooo explosive and north is a damn monster. Why isnt it fall yet????

Some young guys are afraid to make the older guys look bad or actually work hard, and piss them off. Some think it's an unwritten law on the practice field.

Anybody notice how little effort jalen and kamara were giving in a similar drill where they're trying to rip the ball?

What?? Uhhh.... no.

Two points:

There is no excuse for North not catching six passes a game this year--none! The guy is big and has good/excellent hands; at a minimum he should be a serious possession receiver--our Anquan Boldin--getting balls over the middle. We've got some serious skill talent this year with Hurd and a stacked WR corp.

--Is Bates big enough to play middle linebacker? I don't think he is--and I don't think trying to turn a natural 220 guy him into a 240 pound guy is going to work with him. Maybe I'm wrong, hope so, but he strikes me early as a 'tweener, probably better suited to outside than inside. We'll see....

Two points:

There is no excuse for North not catching six passes a game this year--none! The guy is big and has good/excellent hands; at a minimum he should be a serious possession receiver--our Anquan Boldin--getting balls over the middle. We've got some serious skill talent this year with Hurd and a stacked WR corp.

--Is Bates big enough to play middle linebacker? I don't think he is--and I don't think trying to turn a natural 220 guy him into a 240 pound guy is going to work with him. Maybe I'm wrong, hope so, but he strikes me early as a 'tweener, probably better suited to outside than inside. We'll see....
The ultimate answer as the M backer is on campus and his name is Kirkland. True frosh torn pec, but he is the real deal. Bates may hold it down this year but expect Kirkland to be there as a starter, Bates goes back outside or gets moved around due to versatility.

Two points:

He's bigger than Al Wilson, Kevin Simon, and as big as Mayo was in college. We don't need a 240 guy if what we have is talented enough. Bates certainly is that.

He's bigger than Al Wilson, Kevin Simon, and as big as Mayo was in college. We don't need a 240 guy if what we have is talented enough. Bates certainly is that.

I think the last white mlb starter was Keith DeLong or was it Austin Johnson cant remember if he played the middle.

VN Store

Back