Still very proud

As everyone knows, we were playing with house money this game considering where everyone thought we’d be before the season started. I’m still extremely proud of this team.

Yes be proud of this team.

But mentioning where people thought we would be at the beginning is an INSULT to our progress. We earned that #1 ranking. So did Georgia.

Still a lot of football to be played, but we had chances to win this game.

Reactions: deezvols
Agreed. Proud of this team! 11-1 (looking like the Sugar Bowl) in year 2 if all goes planned. I'm curious though...would the negavols be happy if we lost our remaining games and finish where they predicted before the season started?

People have moaned and groaned for years saying they would be happy to make a NY6 Bowl. We are in year 2 and going!

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I thought we played decent today surprisingly enough. The defense had two bad plays (long pass to #11, and the TD to McConkey). Outside of that, they were pretty good. Way under their normal total offense, and under 4 yards per carry.

The offense had several chances today. Not only the int in the end zone, but we had Hyatt and Bru that had two steps on their defenders, and we just missed. Those were walk in touchdowns as well, and that's the difference. Hooker normally hits those, and just didn't today. Doesn't change anything to me, just have to be better in those situations.

I'll also add for the defense, had we made that sack on 3rd down where Bennett ran for the TD, that would've made a huge difference. Again, it comes down to they just made the plays, and we did not. That just is what it is.

Credit UGA... the talent gap showed and they played well.

To beat a team their caliber you have to play a clean game, and we didn't today. Still proud of this team. There is still a lot of season left fellas.

As everyone knows, we were playing with house money this game considering where everyone thought we’d be before the season started. I’m still extremely proud of this team.

UT is still ahead of the curve on rebuilding this team, UGA has the horses we do not.

GBO!

The team never folded. Just ran into a program that has had their coach much longer and recruited better. There's no team in college football that would have won down there today.

I'm very proud of this team. They've been so fun to watch. The future is very bright.
This cannot be stated enough. We did not play well today but there wasn’t a single team beating them today. They played a hell of a game.

The players didn’t think they were 6-6 material or they wouldn’t performed to the level they had prior to today. Today was embarrassing, completely embarrassing. Today we were on the biggest stage to show what UT football is capable of… and we folded.
Embarrassing!? You must not understand how college football works First year watching? You play in a hostile environment against the defending champions and by far the best defense we have played all year. Mostly 4 and five stars and you’re embarrassed?! 😂 you need to choose a different sport.

Tough day for sure but this year has been outstanding. This game doesn't change that. I say we put a whipping on Missouri.

They didn't have their best game to be sure, but they have nothing to hang their heads about. Still have a lot of football to play and so much to build on. How can anyone not be happy for and proud of this team who beat Florida AND Alabama in the same season?

The players didn’t think they were 6-6 material or they wouldn’t performed to the level they had prior to today. Today was embarrassing, completely embarrassing. Today we were on the biggest stage to show what UT football is capable of… and we folded.

Considering the place we started from and where we are now. I’ll take it.

We lost 28 players 2 years ago and we still should be a 7-5, 8-4 team but we are overachieving. This is the best I’ve felt about Tennessee football in 16 years.

VN Store

Back