Stoops showing Tennessee respect!

goldvol

VolNation's Lesser Poobah
On how secure he feels being #3 in the playoff rankings:

"I feel really positive about it. Of course I think we protect ourselves by having gone to Tennessee. You beat a team that's ranked, an 8-4 Tennessee team, in front of 110,000 [fans] matters to the committee

Of course, it's all self-serving. He is just building us up so that they look better. Does kind of make me feel good as a Tennessee fan to read it though. Beating a strong Tennessee team on the road is the main argument he comes up with.

Wish we could get another shot at them.

Reactions: 12 people
He's making a point about strengthening your case on a year-to-year basis by scheduling games with good OOC opponents.

I agree with him, and I think it's a good knock on teams like Baylor who think they can just schedule whoever and get respect with their record.

Reactions: 5 people

Of course, it's all self-serving. He is just building us up so that they look better. Does kind of make me feel good as a Tennessee fan to read it though. Beating a strong Tennessee team on the road is the main argument he comes up with.

It would definitely be a good game if we played again but there is no team hotter right now than OU and Mayfield is playing on a different level than he was early in the year. Could go either way again but glad we don't have to play them right now.

Reactions: 1 person

You're absolutely right....100% self-serving.....and hypocritical. He can pound sand.

Reactions: 4 people
So every SEC team sucks unless it benefits him? Got it.

yes, yes, that's right, and when it benefits him he will be calling us a bottom feeder like he has before. It is distasteful as a Vol fan, but honestly we should have reeled him in when we had a hook in his jaw and he was gasping for breath yet we let him off the hook. To the victor go the spoils so we have to hear it! But we are getting better, and sooner rather than later we will be on the upper side of these exchanges! Go Vols! (That's also for you Bama and Fla!)

He's making a point about strengthening your case on a year-to-year basis by scheduling games with good OOC opponents.

I agree with him, and I think it's a good knock on teams like Baylor who think they can just schedule whoever and get respect with their record.

I love seeing good OOC games and we usually have at least 1 every year. Next year will be just the second time in a forever we didn't have a home and home with a highly ranked or big name school. ND,UCLA,Cal,Oregon,Oklahoma being our most recent home and homes. Should easily win all 4 OOC games next year. Unfortunately it seems those home and homes are becoming less common and more neutral site games show up every year. I just love the home and home games but would love to see maybe a home and home with maybe a neutral site game following the series or even say do a home and home in '16,do a neutral site the next year in '17 then in '18 finishing the home and home series. So that gives you one at home,get to travel to a big name stadium then a neutral site venue in a fertile recruiting area like Atl,Dallas,NC,Flor or wherever a new one pops up.

Stoops who slammed the SEC earlier this year? He can stick it

Yea he does that often. Did it after beating us both times and after he beat Ala down. Which I didn't mind him talking after beating Ala's a$$,hope he does it again this year.

110,000? I was there and they said 102K and change. He must have been counting all the bodies buried under the field to help fertilize it. That is where the Body Farm is right?

Not sure about how y'all feel about articles on our many lost opportunities this season, but my stomach just does cannonballs every time they get drug back up.

I am dong my best to drive down the highway looking out the windshield vs the rear view mirror.

VN Store

Back