Stop The Kiffin Talk

It doesn’t matter if we pursue Kiffin or not. He already has what he wants. He is a Head Coach at an SEC school with an annual opportunity to battle and hopefully trip Saban. He receives almost the same pay as he would at UT for a lower expectation of success. Any move to UT would be, in his eyes, a lateral move at best. I know we all see UT as still a premier destination and it IS still a very good berth at which to land; but in the world of coaching, it is Not the Dream destination we all wish it were. Kiffin would have no real incentive to turn down what he currently has for a second go around at a UT gig with a very high risk to reward ratio.
The difference with Freeze is that he probably is looking for a ticket back into the SEC so UT makes sense in his case. Kiffin is already back in the Club and therefore doesn’t

Guy gets offered his dream job and people are surprised he leaves....

He knew what he was doing was wrong. Hence leaving the way he did. I wouldn’t mind having him back as a HC but let’s not just try and sweep what he did to us under the rug like it was no big deal.

Patterson was a proven winner. Dabo was a coordinator with zero experience. Huge difference.

You can even argue Mike Hamilton was the one who got this mess started.

Patterson had legitimate interest in the job but Hamilton didn’t even bother to interview him.

He was told he was too much of a football coach to them.

The level of stupidity this program has caused over the years is mind boggling.

Did more with Crompton in one year than that guru Cutcliffe could do in 2 years.

First of all, Kiffin can't hold DC's jock strap. Secondly, all you Lane Train homers are clueless on the development of Crompton. It was Chaney, not Kiffin. Here is your proof. There are suppose to be other articles out there with similar references.

Before anyone reading this says Chaney hasn't done squat with JG. I would say there are two reasons for it. JG doesn't have it between the ears or the IT factor to be a very good to great SEC QB. Also, Weinke is probably the one TRYING to develop JG, not Chaney.

Former Tennessee QB Jonathan Crompton discusses how new OC Jim Chaney will help Jarrett Guarantano

By the way, DC was concentrating on developing Erik Ainge in 2006 and 2007 which was a much better college QB than Crompton.

Last edited:
You can even argue Mike Hamilton was the one who got this mess started.

Patterson had legitimate interest in the job but Hamilton didn’t even bother to interview him.

He was told he was too much of a football coach to them.

The level of stupidity this program has caused over the years is mind boggling.

Clay Travis talks about it in his book. He mentions freaking Hamilton was more concerned with whether or not Patterson was gonna do fundraising and other PR BS than actually being a good HC.

Patterson was already mature back then while Kiffin didn’t know what he truly wanted.

Guarantee Patterson wouldn’t have left Tennessee in the shape they’re in now if Kiffin was never hired.
UT told Patterson he wasn’t ready for a job like UT. They were wrong.

Reactions: 08Vol
He is a very good coach with a lot of experience at all levels, as a head coach primarily. That is what we have lacked.

He’s barely over .600 as a head coach. He can be a good coordinator and play caller and can develop QBs as good as anybody outside of Mullen, but I’m not impressed with what he’s done as a head coach.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
😂 I don’t know who is dumber. The people wanting Kiffin or the people worried that we would ever pursue him again. Kiffin backstabbed a lot of powerful people otw out the door. There is zero chance he returns here.

First of all, Kiffin can't hold DC's jock strap. Secondly, all you Lane Train homers are clueless on the development of Crompton. It was Chaney, not Kiffin. Here is your proof. There are suppose to be other articles out there with similar references.

Before anyone reading this says Chaney hasn't done squat with JG. I would say there are two reasons for it. JG doesn't have it between the ears or the IT factor to be a very good to great SEC QB. Also, Weinke is probably the one TRYING to develop JG, not Chaney.

Former Tennessee QB Jonathan Crompton discusses how new OC Jim Chaney will help Jarrett Guarantano

By the way, DC was concentrating on developing Erik Ainge in 2006 and 2007 which was a much better college QB than Crompton.

Lol. Kiffin turned a college RB into one of the SECs best passers in one year.

He knew what he was doing was wrong. Hence leaving the way he did. I wouldn’t mind having him back as a HC but let’s not just try and sweep what he did to us under the rug like it was no big deal.

He gave an exit interview at Tennessee which he didn’t have to do. The recruit stuff was shady. But anyone having issues with his timing (after his dream job was on their 5th or 6th options) are absurd. We’d literally have no problem if the schools were reversed.

He would abandon us and quit the moment a more comfortable situation arose regardless of what it was.

He's already done this a whole group of times. Check out his record.

He is exactly what he appears to be: an opportunist with no loyalty whatsoever.

You can seldom be in more danger than to be in a position of need and, in the process, fail to overlook dangers.

Do NOT pursue Kiffin.
You say this as if anyone that posts on this message board has a say in the coaching hire.

😂 I don’t know who is dumber. The people wanting Kiffin or the people worried that we would ever pursue him again. Kiffin backstabbed a lot of powerful people otw out the door. There is zero chance he returns here.

So did Fulmer and Dickey did a lot of backstabbing too and yet they are revered by most people here.

He would abandon us and quit the moment a more comfortable situation arose regardless of what it was.

He's already done this a whole group of times. Check out his record.

He is exactly what he appears to be: an opportunist with no loyalty whatsoever.

You can seldom be in more danger than to be in a position of need and, in the process, fail to overlook dangers.

Do NOT pursue Kiffin.
Proverbs?

VN Store

Back