Students - get a ticket for a friend

It's pandemic year two, it's Bowling Green on a Thursday, and Tennessee's run in the past ten years has been pretty poor. We also returned some of our ticket allotment to Alabama. I'm not saying Vol fans are driving off the cliff or anything, but the constant mediocrity is definitely taking a toll on the enthusiasm.

All that said, get a few good wins under the belt and I guarantee tickets sales will pick up and the demand will be back to normal.

Students shouldn't have to buy tickets. I thought it was stupid when it started.
I don’t get it either, but I think I remember that SC and Vandy are the only schools left in the SEC that lump everything into tuition and don’t charge for student tickets.

Reactions: skeelsd
I don’t get it either, but I think I remember that SC and Vandy are the only schools left in the SEC that lump everything into tuition and don’t charge for student tickets.

When I was there the student tickets were white and free. But, for $10 you could purchase a guest ticket.

While ticket sales against the low-tier OOC matchups aren’t selling well, I think that the typical big games sales seem to be fine.

Just checked the single tickets on All Vols last night and every big game has a “limited” selection. The games against BG, TnTech, South Alabama, and Vandy still have “good” selection regarding seats. People don’t want to spend their shrinking expendable income on bad games, but will on good matchups.

We’ve had yet another down year and coaching change coupled with the societal & economic effects of COVID. It’s going to take a bit before EVERY game at Neyland is full again.

Nothing to worry about yet, IMHO.

Last edited:
being that it's the only night game scheduled, and they just installed the lasers, they probably want a packed house to make it look good on tv. If you want to see the lights this season, this could be your only opportunity.

Reactions: tbh
Seems crazy to me that we would have to resort to a gimmick to help fill the opening game, a night game, coming off of a Covid year where you basically couldn’t even go to games. We used to plan days in advance of who was going to get the tix and what time of the day or if you had to camp out for Florida. Kids these days…🤦‍♂️

I remember camping out with a handful of Activities Cards. Lol. At least White is DOING something.

THIS!! We would send pledges to get in line with multiple Activities Cards . . . Oh, those were the days!!

GBO

DW’s ability to turn “text a buddy” back into a joke shows an awareness that has been lacking for a while JMO

Students shouldn't have to buy tickets. I thought it was stupid when it started.
I mean it's $10. And the programs and services fee is like $700.

If the fee was quietly changed to $710 and the tickets were "free" would that really be any better?

The ones really being screwed over by this are the kids paying for the tickets through their tuition fees who don't care about football and don't go to the games.

I mean it's $10. And the programs and services fee is like $700.

If the fee was quietly changed to $710 and the tickets were "free" would that really be any better?

The ones really being screwed over by this are the kids paying for the tickets through their tuition fees who don't care about football and don't go to the games.
When I was in school a decade ago, working 30+ hours a week, I had usually $200 in "spending money" after living expenses and, you know, school stuff was covered. Some months it's a quarter of that going to games- so I missed a few, because some months I had less and some months I needed it for other things like club dues and gas, etc.

It makes no sense. Tennessee puts a ****** product on the field and asks the people that are investing loads of their time, money, and life into the school to pay more to attend a game. $10 or not it's ridiculous.

And a $700 programs and services fee is stupid, too.

VN Store

Back