Such a Wonderful Sight!

Committing too close to Springer might overshadow his own commitment. Perhaps he wants a little time in the spotlight too?

Would be good to hit it while it's a hot topic if he wants a big splash. Like a few days later after Springer's news starts to simmer down and then BOOM!

MemTigers1998
All American
allamerican.gif

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Five-star Jaden Springer cancels two visits - still visiting Memphis

(Today 11:32 AM)WColt45 Wrote: Damion Baugh gonna take his lunch money next year.​
yup

Gonna be funny when Penny still has a higher rated class than UT for 2020 when all is said and done.

Today 03:48 PM

I'm here. Never left. I've repeatedly said I was wrong about the coasting to retirement.
Didn't recall any specific posters, but your honesty is commendable. I've eaten my words often. (Defended Kiffin, Dooley, Butch for a while:rolleyes:).

UK fans complaining about not getting good officiating is hilarious.

The complaint about Barnes not taking Durant further than round 2 frustrates me too. No one cares to do research on that team.

They put down RB, yet he is 6-4 against them as UT head coach.

One UK poster had it correct. A strong UT will only help the SEC

They put down RB, yet he is 6-4 against them as UT head coach.

One UK poster had it correct. A strong UT will only help the SEC

The Memphis-UT game has been discussed on radio here locally. The radio hosts are cautioning Memphis fans that it’s not an automatic win, and one host read a Twitter reminder that Cal has never beaten Barnes in Knoxville. Gary Parish said good teams lose in Knoxville every year.

True, but several VN "fans" claimed he only took the UT job to coast into retirement & recruited marginal players in hi early tenure in Knoxville. Where are they now? Crickets.

What was so maddening is how most of those posters totally downplayed and ignored the toxicity of our program at the time and its grossly negative perception

Reactions: feathersax
What was so maddening is how most of those posters totally downplayed and ignored the toxicity of our program at the time and its grossly negative perception
Then there are those who said, Who cares, he never did anything with Talent at Texas anyway.
Will he find the Holy Grail at the other UT?

I'm here. Never left. I've repeatedly said I was wrong about the coasting to retirement.

Me too! Im HERE! Barnes is a worker. I didn't think he would be. HOWEVER... the GOAL is championships, correct??? Barnes has exactly ONE HALF an SEC title. A little perspective before we start polishing his taint.

There’s always gonna be one who finds the rain cloud.

Im not saying he can't do it! I'm saying that a great recruiting class is all well and good, but to call out fans who were "skeptical" with the hire is a little much. The "where are you now?" stuff deserves a little dose of perspective.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Im not saying he can't do it! I'm saying that a great recruiting class is all well and good, but to call out fans who were "skeptical" with the hire is a little much. The "where are you now?" stuff deserves a little dose of perspective.

It's not "much" at all. It was wrong. Where were we when he got hired?

If you were told that he would win the SEC regular season title in year 3 the day he was hired, you would have said, "Sign me up." That's PERSPECTIVE.

VN Store

Back