Suggestions for "3rd Down For What" replacement for 2015

I would love to hear the roar of 100,000 fans screaming Pantera-Walk on third downs. Re! Spect! Walk! Are you talking to me?!?!

Reactions: 2 people
That song got so annoying because they played it so much n it lost its edge..

I can't believe I'm first but why not just Rocky top..u know the song our school is known for...no gimmicks just good old kick your butt football on the field with rocky playing when needed.. Oh wait .. We cant win without Nike n rap music. Lol

I don't mind mixing it up but we r trying way to hard to bring something that isn't needed if we would just win the big games..

Its not the brand people.. Its the product the brand is putting out.

pismonque-albums-pics-picture5310-a.jpg

Never gonna give it up
Never gonna get first down
We're just gonna run you down and hurt you

I think our opponents would be quaking in their cleats.

Lol. Ahh yes.....nothing like getting Rick rolled to get you peeing down your leg. Well done Que.

That song got so annoying because they played it so much n it lost its edge..

I can't believe I'm first but why not just Rocky top..u know the song our school is known for...no gimmicks just good old kick your butt football on the field with rocky playing when needed.. Oh wait .. We cant win without Nike n rap music. Lol

I don't mind mixing it up but we r trying way to hard to bring something that isn't needed if we would just win the big games..

Its not the brand people.. Its the product the brand is putting out.

I personally can't get enough of the band playing RockyTop, but I don't think it fits in the circumstance. We normally play Rockytop AFTER something good happens (TD, pick, third down stop, etc). I'm personally good with Lil John again this year. Doesn't really matter though since its what's coming back for third down anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch wants it played every single time (other than late in blowout wins), so it will stay that way.

If true butch doesn't get it..IMO. Will u pass that along n that don't choke against fla ga or bama n for gods sake put mizzu in their place n the east..lol

Did it really/actually make a difference playing "3rd down for what?" Seems to us it gave the offense more determination to get a third down... come on defense damn't!!!! I say change the song but I do not know to what.. Mozart, Beethoven? LOL :hmm:

Last edited:
I dont care what we play. as long as it 1. get our defense fired up, and 2. gets the fans off their ass. but it definitely doesnt need to be some old ass crap rock song that released before any player on the team was born.

Here's a thought, why doesn't everybody just stand up and cheer on every single down like people cheered on 3rd down last year? I'm talking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and, if need be, 4th, and with no need for some stupid song to make you get up. Seriously get off your butts and make some noise people when we are on defense, it's time for Neyland to start breaking some decibel records.

My brother and I actually had the thought last year of just having the entire lower bowl stand the entire game (while the game is actually going on). If you want to sit down the whole time, then go to the upper deck. I think it could be a great tradition to start because it actually encourages people to make noise.

It's a proven fact that you can yell/scream/sing louder when standing. I think you can also clap louder and faster, and jump/stomp. Can y'all imagine how loud Neyland would be if the entire lower bowl was jumping up and down yelling at the top of their lungs? Truly deafening, which is how it should be.

I seriously loathe people that come to the game and just sit on their hands the entire time. If you're too old or out of shape to stand and yell for about a total of 2 hrs during a 3-4 hr time period, then stop coming or get off your ass.

You forgot those pesky people in wheel chairs man. And kids. Your list was incomplete.

1. Those old people who have been supporting TN Football since before you were born have no right to expect to continue supporting their team!

2. Yep, fat folks. There definitely needs to be physical requirements to even enter Neyland stadium.

3. Wheel chairs. Don't want them. Don't need them. I mean really, how dare a TN fan be physically impaired.

4. Kids. I understand they are learning to become TN fans, but could they just do us all a favor and grow up quicker. It's such an inconvenience.

oooooorrrr.......we could just have them take all the seats out of a couple of sections, so that you folks that are just paying for an area can stand up the whole game. You don't need those silly seats anyway. Would be able to cram more of you in too. I figure without those pesky seats, you wouldn't need as much space and they could probably stick twice as many of you in there.

or you could just turn around and talk to the person behind you and ask them, then work out a civil compromise with them, since they paid to be there just like you did.

If the UT Athletics Dept. did what you want, the stadium would never be filled. Volunteer Nation is made up of many different kinds of people.

Even egotistical pricks. :hi:

Reactions: 8 people
This was mentioned a while back by a poster and I always thought it was very true. 3rd Down For What was cool and all, but it really didn't serve it's purpose. Nobody starts getting truly loud until well after the words "3rd down for what" are said. In that period of time where it gets quiet (when the song says "shots shots shots") and then everyone starts dancing instead of screaming their heads off, the opposing team has plenty of time to turn and say "ok guys we're gonna do a play action pass, fade route" etc etc.

Need to be getting loud as soon as 2nd down is over with and be deafening by the time the opposing team is trying to discuss the play.

If they didn't play it literally EVERY SINGLE THIRD DOWN the entire game, it might last longer and not get so annoying. Use it for big time third downs or when the crowd needs a pick me up.

Whole bunch of people in this thread disconnected from what the players enjoy. If it hypes up the football team and the students in the stands, it's 100% effective.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back