Sunshine Pumpers and NegaVols

I’ve back and forth throughout each coaches tenure.

It all comes down to if I think they are capable of winning or if they’re just a lackey for the admin, dollar bin hire, etc.

I won’t blindly support or excoriate… usually anyway.

Football is irrelevant at TN. We are a Baseball and hopefully a Basketball school until Bama , GA and Florida exit the conference.

I have observed the Sunshine Pumper vs. NegaVol polarization in the VN boards for years. I'm fascinated by the psychology of it. Does it come down to something as simple as some people being pessimists and others being optimists? Which one are you? (Show you colors here once and for all.) Does your SP or NV status correlate with optimism/pessimism in other facets of your life? Is anyone willing to make the argument that you're a SP or a NV because you simply follow the evidence where it leads?

Depends on the level of drunk I am... I could be either.

For some reason I don't think the ncaa penalties will be as bad as most believe. I guess that makes me a sunshine pumper...but I can be negative when it's merited. I'm just a fan who sees reality....but ALWAYS hopes for the best.

Well, it is easy to pump sunshine when those NCAA penalties have not been dished out yet. So, when they are, you just might consider yourself merited. See the reality of that.

I’m in between.

However, I get annoyed whenever certain posters remind us every 5 minutes that we suck.

Beating a dead horse gets tiresome around here.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I have observed the Sunshine Pumper vs. NegaVol polarization in the VN boards for years. I'm fascinated by the psychology of it. Does it come down to something as simple as some people being pessimists and others being optimists? Which one are you? (Show you colors here once and for all.) Does your SP or NV status correlate with optimism/pessimism in other facets of your life? Is anyone willing to make the argument that you're a SP or a NV because you simply follow the evidence where it leads?

Op, I have read this thread since you originally posted it but have reserved my comment till now. After reading all of these posts, I have come to the conclusion that if you are a "realist" and speak realism that you are branded a nega-vol. It doesn't mean that you are one, just that if what you have to say is not on par with pumping sunshine through orange colored lenses, you are automatically considered negative. To add to that, if you are too truthful, it will hurt the feelings of other posters and they will try to brand you other things!

Reactions: volinthenorth
You got to think at some point they'll come around and put it together again. I hope before i die. They have everything at their disposal to be competitive again. They have to see the error of their ways at this point and the generations of fans they've lost.

Op, I have read this thread since you originally posted it but have reserved my comment till now. After reading all of these posts, I have come to the conclusion that if you are a "realist" and speak realism that you are branded a nega-vol. It doesn't mean that you are one, just that if what you have to say is not on par with pumping sunshine through orange colored lenses, you are automatically considered negative. To add to that, if you are too truthful, it will hurt the feelings of other posters and they will try to brand you other things!
This is 100% true, both on Volnation and in the world today.

VN Store

Back