Survey Says..........

I suspect Roy still carries a grudge over Majors. I remember him looking like he would have a stroke as he reported it on air.

Doesn't mean he's wrong, but he won't utter a good word about Phil even if he hires Saban.

I sort of understand the anger over the extension. However as @DeerPark12 and others have pointed out, it's hard to find a coach anywhere with 2 years or less left on their deal. Kiffin got an extension after one 5-5 season. He's a very close win over UK to having a 1 win better than Pruitt season. Still, I can kind of understand the concern.

What I don't understand is the anger toward the current situation. Phil is a coward, why is he so quiet, blah, blah, blah.

Would you like him to fire Pruitt now and then something "for cause" come up later in the investigation?

If there's no smoking gun, will the boosters even commit to the buyout?

Would anyone that's not Pruitt 2.0 even accept an interview?

I'm not smart (as you all know) but I'm smart enough to know that I don't have all the information the AD has.

Last edited:
Best quote from a fan in Ubben's survey: “I’d say that there’s genuinely not much to look forward to right now.” Pretty much sums it up.

Reactions: onevol74
I suspect Roy still carries a grudge over Majors. I remember him looking like he would have a stroke as he reported it on air.

Doesn't mean he's wrong, but he won't utter a good word about Phil even if he hires Saban.

I sort of understand the anger over the extension. However as @DeerPark12 and others have pointed out, it's hard to find a coach anywhere with 2 years or less left on their deal. Kiffin got an extension after one 5-5 season. He's a very close win over UK to having a 1 win better than Pruitt season. Still, I can kind of understand the concern.

What I don't understand is the anger toward the current situation. Phil is a coward, why is he so quiet, blah, blah, blah.

Would you like him to fire Pruitt now and then something "for cause" come up later in the investigation?

I'm not smart (as you all know) but I'm smart enough to know that I don't have all the information the AD has.

Pruitt had 4 seasons left on his deal when we extended him. He had no leverage and he had as many seasons remaining Mullen. I know Deer Park is trying to defend the UTAD but that extension was idiotic.

MS limits contracts to 4 years. You pretty much get an extension every year down there if you are competent.

Last edited:
It is the responsibility of the AD to lead the athletic department and produce plans to fix issues and drive the plan to improvement.

What is that plan? A competent AD would be sharing that plan with the administration, the boosters, and the public.

it is obvious that the program has progressed from bad to worse under Phil Fulmer’s leadership.

I have to agree with what one poster said in the article, There is no future to Tennessee football.

One point I would make is that it's Fulmer's job to make the boosters commit to the buyout when the coach needs to be fired. He is supposed to see the program in shambles, rally the troops, and change the regime.

Personally, I don't care if anything "for cause" comes up, because it's all just monopoly money. They have it when they want to have it, and as to your last point, it is much more likely that we could have found a quality coach a month ago before we drug the program through the mud of this investigation.

At this point, we have very little time to hire a coach, were Pruitt to be fired, unless Kevin Steele is already the guy they anticipate for that position.

Reactions: Easyriders

VN Store

Back