Tennessee Football...where...

TAF

Oh Yeah...I mean it!
DREAMS come TRUE!

maxresdefault.jpg

Not being a big NFL follower, a lot of this video clip confused me at first. Didn't know who any of those people were, didn't understand some of their lingo.

So took a few minutes to figure it all out. Providing this for other folks who might be in the same boat as me:

a. The first fella you see, checkered shirt, pretty sure that's Sean McVay, the head coach of the LA Rams.

b. The guy sitting in the chair with a brown v-neck and khaki pants, he's Les Snead, the General Manager of the team, the guy responsible for all hiring decisions, player contracts, scouting, etc. He's the actual decision maker on the question of who to draft, even though most college fans might think the head coach would do that.

c. When they keep talking about "Tennessee," that's just shorthand for "the player wearing the Tennessee uniform." They don't necessarily know the names of all the players they're evaluating yet, so they go with the uniforms they're wearing instead.

d. No idea why McVay says "discrepancy" early on. I think he means "difference" or "distinction" and just grabs the wrong word out of his brain.

Hope that helps others get it all a little better. It did for me.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back