Tennessee hasn’t checked a play all season

UneducatedGuess

Watching our setup all game. We run what is called except on 3rd down. But then it’s the coaches - not players call. I’m not sure if our QB is not allowed to - or - he doesn’t do it.

Either way, QB relies on the sidelines to make the okay call.

This is concerning. It’s not insurmountable, but it’s concerning

Reactions: Rumble4skin
Watching our setup all game. We run what is called except on 3rd down. But then it’s the coaches - not players call. I’m not sure if our QB is not allowed to - or - he doesn’t do it.

Been that way since CJH has been here. Hooker did the same thing, just a little more reliably at this stage.

yeah I’d change the whole system that led the nation in scoring last year. It’s obvious it won’t work

The snap count is apparently always the same as well - face palm.

Reactions: RockyTop140
The snap count is apparently always the same as well - face palm.

This is the issue, not the play calls. Joe doesn’t do a good job (if any attempt is being made at all) at varying snap count itself, as well as the rhythm of the snap count. Takes away an offensive advantage and gives it to the defense.

I’m a Joe supporter, frankly, but this deficiency is the most maddening personally. This is something a great QB learns from by the start of his senior HS season.

Reactions: TartanTurff

I’ve noticed this as well and I agree.

Reactions: UneducatedGuess
This is the issue, not the play calls. Joe doesn’t do a good job (if any attempt is being made at all) at varying snap count itself, as well as the rhythm of the snap count. Takes away an offensive advantage and gives it to the defense.

I’m a Joe supporter, frankly, but this deficiency is the most maddening personally. This is something a great QB learns from by the start of his senior HS season.
I believe he did draw them offsides for a first down one time, didn't he? (Not a habit, though, but, he is capable)

Not to upset the secret genius meeting, but most of our plays have two running options and a long to short check down. The QB decisions are after the snap in addition to sideline calls based on D. As for snap count, you might want to note the Florida game last season was the first game they switched up count, and clap. Right now Milton has three counts and a call to delay. He pulled the defense into offsides three times last night on changing the count with a delay. We need to learn to throw and catch. Our offense and count cadence are just fine.

So many great coaches on here. When we have another staff opening, CJH just needs to pull from here to fill it.
Problem is I haven't seen any of their brilliant plan to make it better other than fire or bench. That might help their resume a bit if they presented a legitimate plan.

Any chance we might be not showing all our cards?

Been that way since CJH has been here. Hooker did the same thing, just a little more reliably at this stage.
No offense - but if Hooker was qb last night we score in the 50's and we wouldn't be having this discussion. We have seen elite qb play - hopefully Joe can channel his inner HH next Saturday.

He isn’t a smart qb. He just doesn’t have it between the ears

VN Store

Back