Tennessee is really on the rise

:blink:

After this season UGA will have lost about 12 players from their 33 man class for every reason ranging from graduation, dismissal, transfer and medical reasons. It happens.

To hear some tell it, no coach in the history of football has inherited a worse situation than Jones did...

But even if it isn't "quite" that bad.... UT is still not in UGA's position roster wise. They can lose players and replace them. UT's losses have the potential for setting the rebuild back and maybe significantly.

sjt-Maybe you saw this and maybe you did not, but Rivals posted an interesting article a few days ago. It discussed that if you added the values of the recruiting classes of the last few years together the TOP 3 teams in cumulative recruiting numbers were, ALABAMA, FLORIDA STATE, AND OHIO STATE. Oregon was,IIRC, 16th ranked class but the were 2nd in recruiting score out west. We know Bammer loses players, we are blessed to be getting Kamara and I believe he was a 5 * on some sites. He will be a stud for us, and we need him. I am sure the other teams have lost players as well, it happens.

Bammer, F$U, tosu, now if I remember correctly all are playing for the NC. I am not saying it is all about players or one exceptional recruiting class, but it looks like "getting recognized on NSD" does have some long term benefits. Hard to win on game day when you do not have the horses.

Goes back to whether the chicken or the egg came first.

I have seen Saban choosing to recruit a player raise their rating with Rivals.

But they miss quite a bit too. The more you see Jones win head to head vs the top recruiters like Saban and Miles... the better.... even if they are 3*'s.

When someone says a team in the rise... That is used generally as a comparison to their competitors. In the sec I would say ole miss and Ms state are currently on the rise. A&M and auburn were teams on the rise over the past couple of years. But compared to others in the sec I don't think you can put tn in that ''on the rise category yet''

hmm yeah I would say tn is on the rise just because we are a younger team who is continuing to get better with stellar recruiting classes.

if CBJ continues recruiting like this, it will be very hard for him to not get 8-10 wins every season. if he can coach at all, we should be relevant in our conference and possibly nationally by the time hes got 3-4 classes on the field provided that the recruiting continues to stay at such a high level.

Goes back to whether the chicken or the egg came first.

I have seen Saban choosing to recruit a player raise their rating with Rivals.

But they miss quite a bit too. The more you see Jones win head to head vs the top recruiters like Saban and Miles... the better.... even if they are 3*'s.

there's a pretty clear general trend that the better ranked your team is in recruiting= the more success you will have on the field. lots of variables including the ones you mentioned that can be exceptions to that rule but that doesnt mean the general rule isnt true.

if the variables like in-game coaching, finding diamonds in the rough, recruiting service being inaccurate, etc. mattered more, then it would be much harder to say that success in recruiting = success on the field. obviously we know factors other than recruiting contribute to success on the field but recruiting is probably the number 1 indicator. i think thats all hes saying.

To hear some tell it, no coach in the history of football has inherited a worse situation than Jones did...

But even if it isn't "quite" that bad.... UT is still not in UGA's position roster wise. They can lose players and replace them. UT's losses have the potential for setting the rebuild back and maybe significantly.

I hoped Dooley could have done something unfortunately he made a bigger mess. Thank goodness we have a coach bringing in players! I'm also glad fans like SJT are giving Butch credit and time like they did Dooley! Go Vols!

I agree its a start. People say oh they talk about next year every year. I am not going to disagree with that because we do. The thing is that everyone knows once we get there we are going to be there for awhile. We have everything you need in order to have a big time program. We just need stability and longevity from our coaches.

Reactions: 2 people

Really nice article butt I wanted to point out one thing towards the rear of the article that the editor probably should have caught. :shaking2:

"It's not necessarily a cockiness about yourself, butt a confidence, a swagger in yourself that anything the opposing team does to you, it doesn't faze you."

Thomas played but never really seemed to get much better... again, not exactly a thumbs up to Kendrick, Sanders, et al.

To be fair while Coleman did look bad most of the time he was also forced to try and play OT due to our extreme lack of depth on the line. He played center in high school and is suited to playing center or guard at this level not tackle.

Could be. Another possibility that I've thought about is that Jones in his post-season meeting told Hendrix that his future was at DT. Maybe he told Helm that his was at LT?

The first part is possible, but I don't see Helm ever moving to the line considering his build. He would have to put on another 50-60 lbs.

VN Store

Back