Tennessee Lady Vol News

They haven't yet but she don't get paid while injured.
Since when was that a rule? She will get paid while injured because it was an on court injury. Since she has signed her contract, she will get paid until they cut her.

"It should be noted that protected salaries only come into play when a player’s contract is terminated due to lack of skill, injury, or illness. If a team instead wants to keep the player, the team can suspend the player without pay if the injury occurs before the season begins or keep the player on the active roster and continue to pay them. In 2015, Connecticut kept Chiney Ogwumike on its active roster all season after microfracture surgery on her knee, which allowed her to still earn her base salary."-Jacob Mox

Source for quote

Since when was that a rule? She will get paid while injured because it was an on court injury. Since she has signed her contract, she will get paid until they cut her.

"It should be noted that protected salaries only come into play when a player’s contract is terminated due to lack of skill, injury, or illness. If a team instead wants to keep the player, the team can suspend the player without pay if the injury occurs before the season begins or keep the player on the active roster and continue to pay them. In 2015, Connecticut kept Chiney Ogwumike on its active roster all season after microfracture surgery on her knee, which allowed her to still earn her base salary."-Jacob Mox

Source for quote
Just going by what Maria and some others were talking about few weeks back when they were talking about her needing financial support because of the injury. I got the impression it meant she wasn't getting paid.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Just going by what Maria and some others were talking about few weeks back when they were talking about her needing financial support because of the injury. I got the impression it meant she wasn't getting paid.
I think she needed the support to help with her move her things from Knoxville to Jacksonville and then whatever she was taking from Jacksonville to Minnesota because she wouldn't get paid until June 1st. She is on the active roster (although injured) and will be compensated for it. If she is released they would still owe her for the time she was on the roster until the day they cut her since she is under contract.

What I see right here is a soon-to-be freshman putting everyone else on notice that she fully intends to steal their game minutes. Her workouts absolutely scream, “Just try to outwork me. I dare you!”
Very impressive but please no stress fractures or foot injuries! Think Tess maybe injured herself trying to be super ready.

Very impressive but please no stress fractures or foot injuries! Think Tess maybe injured herself trying to be super ready.

Amen! I hope the staff strongly impresses upon the go-getters that, yes, it's great to work really hard in order to come to campus with a head start on conditioning, but that there really is such as thing as doing TOO much. What the staff needs to stress is the importance of good nutrition and also the value of proper rest.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Amen! I hope the staff strongly impresses upon the go-getters that, yes, it's great to work really hard in order to come to campus with a head start on conditioning, but that there really is such as thing as doing TOO much. What the staff needs to stress is the importance of good nutrition and also the value of proper rest.

After the 31st the staff will control what they do!

Well let’s hope so. We sure need a real surprising good season after the disappointments of the last 10 years.

I've done much more homework on these 21 recruits than I ever have as of yet. I went to two of the exposure event s just to watch Striplin and Puckett,,,I signed up with ballertv, PassThaBall and Livebarn to see games in tourneys I could not go to and saw multiple times, Miles and Wynn in their HS games...None of them mirror any anyone else in the 21 class....Both Striplin and Puckett are upgrades at the 4, Wynn will be outstanding as a future 3 and if Miles plays her best every minute she is on that court, she gives us a mighty/mite-speed-guard that we haven't had in several years

Jordan has put on quite a bit of weight and size looking more like she is suited more for the three position. If she develops a mid-range consistent perimeter shot this summer she could become quite a tough player for opponents to guard next season.

She is strong enough to rule the 4 when Kellie play's small ball.

I think she needed the support to help with her move her things from Knoxville to Jacksonville and then whatever she was taking from Jacksonville to Minnesota because she wouldn't get paid until June 1st. She is on the active roster (although injured) and will be compensated for it. If she is released they would still owe her for the time she was on the roster until the day they cut her since she is under contract.

@Volfan2012 A few weeks back she also i don’t think she has signed the actual contract to keep her on the team she got injured during that process and unlike the NBA a first rounder isn’t a guaranteed contract in the WNBA is what i think they were saying. But Cheryl Reaves signed her in planning for the future

What saddens me is if Rennia gave up items that one day she'll be very upset she doesn't have in order to make ends meet for a big move. I noticed there were many of her personal shoes and shirts and things in the mix, and I wish someone would have just created a GoFundMe page for her instead so she could have kept those items that would probably be cherished mementos in the future. Not everyone has well-to-do parents to help them financially.

But then, maybe she didn't WANT a GoFundMe page. I don't know -- just wish she could have kept her stuff somehow AND gotten the funds. God knows there are plenty of us who would love to chip in even just a little for a young person who gave us so many moments WE will always cherish. That buzzer-beating game winner to keep Alabama from winning their 5th or 6th consecutive game against the Lady Vols at Knoxville was one of THE coolest game moments I ever personally witnessed at TBA. The arena was electric, and the thunderous sound when the ball went through the hoop will forever be etched in my memory. That moment alone would inspire anyone who was there that day, and who became aware of a GoFundMe for Rennia, to make a donation.

What saddens me is if Rennia gave up items that one day she'll be very upset she doesn't have in order to make ends meet for a big move. I noticed there were many of her personal shoes and shirts and things in the mix, and I wish someone would have just created a GoFundMe page for her instead so she could have kept those items that would probably be cherished mementos in the future. Not everyone has well-to-do parents to help them financially.

But then, maybe she didn't WANT a GoFundMe page. I don't know -- just wish she could have kept her stuff somehow AND gotten the funds. God knows there are plenty of us who would love to chip in even just a little for a young person who gave us so many moments WE will always cherish. That buzzer-beating game winner to keep Alabama from winning their 5th or 6th consecutive game against the Lady Vols at Knoxville was one of THE coolest game moments I ever personally witnessed at TBA. The arena was electric, and the thunderous sound when the ball went through the hoop will forever be etched in my memory. That moment alone would inspire anyone who was there that day, and who became aware of a GoFundMe for Rennia, to make a donation.
the shot in slow motion is so neat

@Volfan2012 A few weeks back she also i don’t think she has signed the actual contract to keep her on the team she got injured during that process and unlike the NBA a first rounder isn’t a guaranteed contract in the WNBA is what i think they were saying. But Cheryl Reaves signed her in planning for the future
Rennia signed her contract on April 19 before her injury.
Lynx Sign Rennia Davis - Minnesota Lynx

VN Store

Back