Tennessee Lady Vol News

Of all the women’s sports, the one I enjoy the most is softball!

Someone with a lot of money should start a pro softball league. I would pay to watch Pickens pitch after college!

Looking forward to all the negative comments that are undoubtedly incoming..

Reactions: StrangeVol
So there should be another coaching slot available. S&C doesn’t apply to that number.

Of course I would LOVE for the slot to be filled by another coach who is accustomed to seeing SEC-level talent on the floor every day. We've got two already on board in Tubner and Lazo, but I'd like yet another of that level.

I don't mean this as an insult to Kim, Jenna and Angel, but they've got a talent learning curve to adjust to, and I'd like more input from at least one more P5-caliber voice on the staff, for reasons obvious to everyone.

Caldwell has had some terrific, championship-winning players and teams, but those players were at least a couple of notches below the level of the players she'll be coaching. So because she's used to watching Marshall and Glenville State players, it might be difficult for her, at least for a while, to resist thinking she's seeing some national championship-level skills going on in front of her even if they're actually looking below average to Tubner and Lazo, who are more experienced at what's going to be considered championship caliber at this level.

Of course I know she's a smart, capable coach and will adjust. She's probably watched thousands of P5 games and will probably watch hundreds of hours of film on Tennessee and other P5 teams before the season starts. She'll adjust and I'm sure will be a super judge of talent.

But in these early workouts, until she gets over the initial shock of the difference in talent, she could be a little awed by all that length and talent. So the more P5 experience we could get quickly, the better.

Just rambling today while I wait for even more great news out of Knoxville. 🏀🧡🔥🥰

Of all the women’s sports, the one I enjoy the most is softball!

Someone with a lot of money should start a pro softball league. I would pay to watch Pickens pitch after college!

Looking forward to all the negative comments that are undoubtedly incoming..
There are pro softball leagues. They’re just struggling to grow.

I'm surprised she hasn't filled that spot yet. I would definitely fill it with another good recruiter...

No point in doing that. Only two coaches and actively recruit off campus and we have that already.

I don’t see a need for a 5th assistant. At some point, do you really need that many?

No point in doing that. Only two coaches and actively recruit off campus and we have that already.

I don’t see a need for a 5th assistant. At some point, do you really need that many?
The 5th spot is usually a grad assistant. Phariss Watkins last year.

Reactions: butchna
Other than what we've read on him, anyone have any Intel? I don't think he has worked with female athletes in tne past and Tatum hadn't either.
I’ve been nagging everyone I know to find out if he’s worked with women in the past since i’m personally and professionally very interested in the effects of menstruation on training regimens for high level (elite? 😉) athletes.

I’ve been nagging everyone I know to find out if he’s worked with women in the past since i’m personally and professionally very interested in the effects of menstruation on training regimens for high level (elite? 😉) athletes.

Yes he worked with CKC at Glenville when they won their Natty and then went to WVU football.

That is incorrect according to this document it says a total of 6 coaches and 4 can recruit off campus according to ammendent 11.7.6 that was adopted as final from 2022-2030.

Reactions: VolBall09
There is no doubt that we must be in the best shape ever to pull off this system. It won’t work if people are gassed. We’ll get clobbered

There is no doubt that we must be in the best shape ever to pull off this system. It won’t work if people are gassed. We’ll get clobbered
Players should come into the season in their best shape no matter what system you’re playing in. Players that don’t like putting in work in the offseason won’t just all of a sudden do it.

Reactions: glv98
I've only read he worked there but not specifically with wbb. Maybe since d2 they worked with multiple programs? I've looked at his bio for GSC and WVU and can't tell what sports he supported at GSC

I went to a DII school and each program had their own trainers. For a couple sports there was some crossover. Womens Tennis and Women’s soccer did have the same trainer because seasons were opposite but both basketball teams and the football program had their own.

The article I read said he was part of her staff at Glenville, so I presume he worked directly with WBB.

VN Store

Back