Tennessee Lady Vol News

VF, not all teams are going to play a post centric game next season, like the LV’s for example. Lot of ways to skin the cat.
Yeah for sure. But you think u would want athletes then. Not 6’9 and BIG girl Oldacre?

Muhammad and Gaston were those types.. do they still have Jones?

It is interesting about the portal and preseason ratings, as I think to some extent people in our fan base but definitely people in the national media never seem to consider that we have Cooper. She never counted in our transfer portal ratings last year, as she was a late transfer, but also never is considered in our transfer class coming in for 2024. So, while it was a big get for UT last year, the national WBB media was no longer thinking about the transfer portal and who got who at that juncture. I understand that there is also skepticism based on her limited success Freshman year at SC, but I definitely think she is the most likely WNBA prospect on our team including a couple of the transfers we are hoping for. Let the pundits underestimate us and her, as we have ended up over-rated in the preseason polls the last few years. I am all for us to have an underdog mentality this year and be a pleasant surprise.

@1reVOLver , what are your thoughts on the order of SEC teams for next season at this early stage?
General Rooster1,
I've been out splitting wood all day, which activity, according to SWMBO, a fellow finishing his eighth decade ought not do, so please forgive any and all mental lapses.
Disclaimers: I hold Dawn Staley in high regard, and don't care much for Ms. Mulkey, despite her obvious coaching talents. TN is still a question mark, pending additional portal prizes.

South Carolina
Texas
LSU
Oklahoma

Ole Miss
Alabama
KY
TN*

Vanderbilt
Auburn

The Rest

*Depending on additional transfers in, could be as high as 5 or as low as 8.

Last edited:
General Rooster1,
I've been out splitting wood all day, which activity, according to SWMBO, a fellow finishing his eighth decade ought not do, so please forgive any and all mental lapses.
Disclaimers: I hold Dawn Staley in high regard, and don't care much for a
Did you lose the power in Maine mid sentence 😉….no worries and nice work on the fire wood splitting, it’s a chore for anyone in their 40’s even. Keep it up! I split a cord last summer in Maine for the first time in 7-8 years and it was a workout. I Wish I was in my 40’s again🤪

General Rooster1,
Disclaimers: I hold Dawn Staley in high regard, and don't care much for Ms. Mulkey, despite her obvious coaching talents. TN is still a question mark, pending additional portal prizes.

South Carolina
Texas
LSU
Oklahoma

Ole Miss
Alabama
KY
TN*

Vanderbilt
Auburn

The Rest

*Depending on additional transfers in, could be as high as 5 or as low as 8.
Why Ky so high?

Did you lose the power in Maine mid sentence 😉….no worries and nice work on the fire wood splitting, it’s a chore for anyone in their 40’s even. Keep it up! I split a cord last summer in Maine for the first time in 7-8 years and it was a workout.
Just hit Enter prematurely while trying to type and eat pasta with white clam sauce simultaneously. My multitasking skills are obviously deficient. 👨🏻‍🎨

It is interesting about the portal and preseason ratings, as I think to some extent people in our fan base but definitely people in the national media never seem to consider that we have Cooper. She never counted in our transfer portal ratings last year, as she was a late transfer, but also never is considered in our transfer class coming in for 2024. So, while it was a big get for UT last year, the national WBB media was no longer thinking about the transfer portal and who got who at that juncture. I understand that there is also skepticism based on her limited success Freshman year at SC, but I definitely think she is the most likely WNBA prospect on our team including a couple of the transfers we are hoping for. Let the pundits underestimate us and her, as we have ended up over-rated in the preseason polls the last few years. I am all for us to have an underdog mentality this year and be a pleasant surprise.

Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd putting in that work. Stay tuned🍊!

We have another “forgotten” player, Kaniya Boyd, not from the portal, but a high school recruit.

2023-24 - FRESHMAN

• Arrived on campus on Jan. 8, 2024, and enrolled mid-year at Tennessee after graduating high school early.
  • Continued to rehab her knee after an injury forced her to miss her senior year of high school.

HIGH SCHOOL

• No. 29 overall player, No. 3 among combo guards, four-star rating by Prospects.Nation.com (2024).
  • No. 35 overall player, four-star rating in espnW 100 (2024).
  • Averaged 12.2 points, 4.5 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 3.4 steals per game as a junior.
  • Helped Centennial High School to a 30-1 record and its eighth-straight NIAA 5A state title (2023).
  • MaxPreps Nevada High School Girls Basketball Player of the Year (2023).
  • Nevada High School Coaches’ Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year (2023).

Amoore plus a fairly strong supporting cast + a solid coach. I am expecting Teonni to be fully recovered and competent. These are early days for predictions to be taken seriously.
What supporting cast? Strack and Key? I just don’t think they’ve brought in enough yet. Saniyah Tyler returns.

So
Amoore
Tyler
???
Key
Strack

That doesn’t sound like a top SEC team. I think it’s still tbd

We have another “forgotten” player, Kaniya Boyd, not from the portal, but a high school recruit.

2023-24 - FRESHMAN

• Arrived on campus on Jan. 8, 2024, and enrolled mid-year at Tennessee after graduating high school early.
  • Continued to rehab her knee after an injury forced her to miss her senior year of high school.

HIGH SCHOOL

• No. 29 overall player, No. 3 among combo guards, four-star rating by Prospects.Nation.com (2024).
  • No. 35 overall player, four-star rating in espnW 100 (2024).
  • Averaged 12.2 points, 4.5 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 3.4 steals per game as a junior.
  • Helped Centennial High School to a 30-1 record and its eighth-straight NIAA 5A state title (2023).
  • MaxPreps Nevada High School Girls Basketball Player of the Year (2023).
  • Nevada High School Coaches’ Class 5A Defensive Player of the Year (2023).
We have quite a few

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Well then, stop predicting failures for Caldwell before she’s coached a game. Works both ways.
Crème predicted it. I haven’t seen any LV fan predicting us missing the tournament. I feel like if the SEC gets at least 6 teams in (which they should) we will be in.
I do not see us finishing worse than sixth unless the new system just will not work at this level. Even then I think CKC would be able to make modifications to get us in the mix.

#10 isn't very good if you are counting on the portal to field a third of your team.

Says the fan of a program who can’t land the one transfer they needed lol.

Love to see the fake little UCONN girly pops unfollow Beers after she hitched her wagon to Oklahoma.

VN Store

Back