Tennessee - Memphis cancelled

If you’re vaccinated aren’t you excluded from protocols of tracing? If that is indeed true are you saying 10+ guys on your roster are unvaccinated?

Good point. Not vouching for UM. Watching the ESPN scroll...numerous players in basketball and football are being put into COVID-19 protcols for exposure. Which UM team meets that requirement. Breakthrough cases (in vaccinated) after exposure requires new procedures. One frustration for everyone is what was true yesterday has changed.

Point is UM didn't have 5 players. The entire team went into COVID-19 protocol because of exposure. Unfortunate situation and terrible timing but to have ignored the positive tests and played would have been criminal.

Here's your problem: You are taking everything from a known cheater at face value....

Those close to the program have been contradicting him all morning.

You have multiple guys on their play by play team saying asymptomatic positive while others have the 2 guys positive with symptoms.

I understand your point, but the issue is not testing... the issue is exposure to positive COVID-19 patents. That puts you into a controlled environment until cleared. Right?

Think everyone else is covering it, but here's the excerpt from the NBA protocols. Assuming CBB protocols are similar, I think the only they're down to 4-5 players is if 1) 50% of team is unvaxxed 2) Other players are showing symptoms. Barnes mentioned that they had some idea that this would happen, so presumably there was time to clear players who were vaxxed + close contacts with rapid tests. Maybe it is a full scale outbreak among vaxxed players, but we only have confirmation of two as of now.

"Vaccinated players, meanwhile, will not have to deal with such tight restrictions. They will not have to undergo daily testing, and they will only be tested when they are symptomatic, considered a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID-19 or required by a medical professional. Fully vaccinated players won't have to quarantine if they are considered a close contact, but unvaccinated players will have to quarantine for seven days."

The why did Rob Lanier's team get to play with five players after his team was flagged with positive tests, per Rick Barnes?

Al, I don't know for sure. I would speculate as players who tested positive are isolated then other players are tested. A few months ago three consecutive negative test took you out of protocol...but someone in this thread said NBA is now going with one negative test. Again I would assume that is over a 24 hour period for one negative test.

Having to cancel this game is a blow to all of us that so desperately want to get back to some semblance of normal. However, having said that, both schools' fans' hot takes are concerning. As I understand it University of Memphis had a student athele wake up this morning in his hotel room sick. That student tested positive for COVID-19 as well as his room mate. No one tested positive from a party last night...thats silly. Incubation is three to five days. Because the team traveled together all players must go into COVID-19 protocol. Therefore UM had no team to put on the court. In a country where over 800 000 have died from COVID-19 no sane person would have tried to play this game. That's just crazy talk.
Lmao keep believing that lie

You mean a sentence like 3 to 5? As for understanding grammar, on my dad’s side she predeceased my birth and on my mom’s side she only spoke Italian and I didn’t understand a word.
Huh? How does this post relate to the Tiger high idiot

Think everyone else is covering it, but here's the excerpt from the NBA protocols. Assuming CBB protocols are similar, I think the only they're down to 4-5 players is if 1) 50% of team is unvaxxed 2) Other players are showing symptoms. Barnes mentioned that they had some idea that this would happen, so presumably there was time to clear players who were vaxxed + close contacts with rapid tests. Maybe it is a full scale outbreak among vaxxed players, but we only have confirmation of two as of now.

"Vaccinated players, meanwhile, will not have to deal with such tight restrictions. They will not have to undergo daily testing, and they will only be tested when they are symptomatic, considered a close contact of someone who tests positive for COVID-19 or required by a medical professional. Fully vaccinated players won't have to quarantine if they are considered a close contact, but unvaccinated players will have to quarantine for seven days."
Thanks good info. Would hope NCAA rules are similar for consistency.

Understand your frustration. I was really looking forward to this game. But in fairness, no one contracted COVID-19 on Friday night and tested positive on Saturday morning. Incubation is a minimum of three to five days. The alleged infamous "party" was a gathering of UM alumni and boosters...doubt if there were many attendees unvaccinated.
Lmao yea Memphis is known for following rules and intelligence 😂😂😂 the Commerical Appeal said that multiple Tigger coaches and players are not vaxxed

Reactions: Frozevol
Here's your problem: You are taking everything from a known cheater at face value....

Those close to the program have been contradicting him all morning.

You have multiple guys on their play by play team saying asymptomatic positive while others have the 2 guys positive with symptoms.

Mo, although I don't currently live in Tennessee and haven't for fifty years. I have multiply family who are graduates of UM and UT. From talking with them, my sensing is winning this game is much more important to UM than UT. Since UM is not part of the state university system beating them is very important to UM. That is why I truly believe if the game was playable it would have been played.

There is an argument now that someone from UM told news sources they may have been able to get four or five players on the floor that were not compromised if pushed. Really? Surely, no one wants to play UM with four players and maybe five. We are bigger than that. I would hope.

VN Store

Back