Tennessee opens as 1 point favorite over Purdue

They got a 2nd chance yesterday. I predict they will use it to claw their way to the final 4 with gut-check wins over Purdue and Oregon.
And I will go a step further and say if we get matched with Aub again in the FF, we gon be PISSED which will propel us into the Natty. I plead insanity too. A lot of stuff has to line up

And I will go a step further and say if we get matched with Aub again in the FF, we gon be PISSED which will propel us into the Natty. I plead insanity too. A lot of stuff has to line up
Auburn won’t get past UNC. People forget that Auburn lives and dies by the 3. Just takes them getting cold to lose.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Bottom line is Vols have to play better. Purdue is a favorable matchup. They depend on one guy a whole lot. Still, turn the ball over, take bad shots, and you can leave a team around just long enough to get a few lucky shots or bounces and you lose. Vols haven't played a complete game in a while. Lapses at times have made games more exciting than they should have been.

Auburn won’t get past UNC. People forget that Auburn lives and dies by the 3. Just takes them getting cold to lose.
Man I hate auburn. And I got UNC picked as my champion. I just have this feeling Auburn is gonna win. But they will go cold eventually

I agree. UNC is not a good matchup for Auburn. They’re just as quick as Auburn. I do think Auburn will play well and make it one hell of a game, possibly the game of the tournament, but in the end UNC will move on. I’m thinking something like 87-82.

Auburn is a horrible matchup for UT. Auburn would have to be really cold and UT actually figure out they have an advantage inside. Auburn beats UT 7 or 8 out of 10 due to the matchup. Luckily, we won’t see them.

Auburn is a horrible matchup for UT. Auburn would have to be really cold and UT actually figure out they have an advantage inside. Auburn beats UT 7 or 8 out of 10 due to the matchup. Luckily, we won’t see them.
No way auburn does to us what they did last month. We would guard the perimeter and run them off the line. Live with giving up 2s. Also, shoot at a higher efficiency offensively to limit their transition buckets. Trust me, we meet again, it would look TOTALLY different. Don’t be scared

No way auburn does to us what they did last month. We would guard the perimeter and run them off the line. Live with giving up 2s. Also, shoot at a higher efficiency offensively to limit their transition buckets. Trust me, we meet again, it would look TOTALLY different. Don’t be scared
I agree it wouldn’t look like last time but we can’t keep them out of the lane. Everyone has their weakness and it just so happens a team built like Auburn is ours. No shame in that. I’m not scared of anything. I just think they would beat us again even though we are the better overall team.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Both teams are 6-2 over the past 8 games; however Tennessee has faced much tougher teams. Purdue has beaten good teams, but Tennessee has beaten better. Tennessee also lost to much better teams (in total).

Tennessee has a good shot to win this game. It probably depends on who is hotter. If Tennessee plays a complete game they win; however if Tennessee lets anyone score 40+ they lose.

Go Vols

Fella's have been sleep walking the second half. Need a close game the first half, then blow it open the second. Going into the half with a big lead scares me.

Man I hate auburn. And I got UNC picked as my champion. I just have this feeling Auburn is gonna win. But they will go cold eventually

Look folks. Is it too much to ask that Purdue, UVA/UO, UNC/AU all go cold while playing us? That's all we need 🙂

VN Store

Back