Tennessee Softball 2024

Looks like were playing today so I'll worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Probably see that super star Stanford pitcher going to be a tough opening game.

Reactions: knoxvol52
How long can Karen keep starting a non hitting SS in the SEC and not hurt the team in big games. Guess we are about ready to find out. Looking like maybe she shouldn’t have ran Donahue out of town. Maybe Donahue was the best SS on the team.

How long can Karen keep starting a non hitting SS in the SEC and not hurt the team in big games. Guess we are about ready to find out. Looking like maybe she shouldn’t have ran Donahue out of town. Maybe Donahue was the best SS on the team.
This is actually a stupid post. Faw is a freshman, it is RARE that a freshman will come in and be hitting .700 after 4 games. You have to remind yourself these are young ladies learning to adjust to the fast paced that is D1 college softball. Especially starting for the number 2 team in the country there could be a sense of pressure so just give her some grace.

MD medically retired? she didn’t run her out, MD did what was best for her overall health and her future. come on

Whole lot of nothing from this dude!! I have never been a big fan of Karen but i bet she has more wins than you have games attended. If Faw hits at all that is a plus . She has played a total of what four games so far. I will go on record now saying she will hit 250 + when the year is over. She is still a pup playing with big dogs now.

Whole lot of nothing from this dude!! I have never been a big fan of Karen but i bet she has more wins than you have games attended. If Faw hits at all that is a plus . She has played a total of what four games so far. I will go on record now saying she will hit 250 + when the year is over. She is still a pup playing with big dogs now.
I don't mind giving up offense from Faw for her defensive skill at SS.

Have plenty of offensive firepower around her.

Out of curiosity, who are considered the top 3 or so hitting coaches in D1 softball? To me, hitting any pitch at the D1 or even D2 level is difficult but I believe the best hitting coaches teach placement and to me Oklahoma probably does it about as good as anyone. I believe TN has the hitters this year, just seems against good teams in the past our ball placement could have been better. Just an observation.

Why do you always have to turn something as simple as players getting the night off in a meaningless midweek game before six games in three days into a conspiracy that something is going on with the team?

I was there, would have loved to have seen her since I’m not sure I will get to Knoxville all season. But you currently have more SEC caliber players than you have starting positions, I think it’s wise to get as many of them out there as possible, with the added bonus of giving players that are going to have to carry the load all year a night off ahead of a tough stretch.
Has nothing to do with a night off

Out of curiosity, who are considered the top 3 or so hitting coaches in D1 softball? To me, hitting any pitch at the D1 or even D2 level is difficult but I believe the best hitting coaches teach placement and to me Oklahoma probably does it about as good as anyone. I believe TN has the hitters this year, just seems against good teams in the past our ball placement could have been better. Just an observation.
Obviously they’re doing something special at OU, but personally I think it depends on what type of philosophy you are looking for. Some coaches prioritize certain mechanics and mentalities more than others. To each their own.

Karen said Faw could be the best defensive SS to ever play for LV's. If that turns out to be true I think I could tolerate a low batting avg. That's what pinch hitters are for.

Reactions: orange beard
For me
Gasso Family
Tim Walton

Reactions: Harpethriverkid63

VN Store

Back