Tennessee Transfer Portal Targets

Ugonna Onyenso is the big I was talking about, but I am not as confident as I was. He contacted us pre-tournament, and we have good connections I just think this might be a bidding war. Highest upside of any big in the portal, and believes Barnes is the opposite of Cal. Just not sure we’ll have the juice to cover the tab.

Ugonna Onyenso is the big I was talking about, but I am not as confident as I was. He contacted us pre-tournament, and we have good connections I just think this might be a bidding war. Highest upside of any big in the portal, and believes Barnes is the opposite of Cal. Just not sure we’ll have the juice to cover the tab.
Him and Aidoo? Two long athletic 7 footers!

We are definitely down to math with McKnight. If NIL gets that right, he’s coming. You heard me say last year, Self doesn’t lose a money fight often, but I hear we feel very good about him.
It’s strange he’s talked about 3 visits and none are Kansas or Tennessee, he’s visiting Xavier this weekend.

Given our needs that’s a hard one for me to get excited about, I think he’s got potential but Aidoo and Awaka would be in front of him, don’t see it helping us much next year which is what we need from portal.

What have you heard on Gainey?

Given our needs that’s a hard one for me to get excited about, I think he’s got potential but Aidoo and Awaka would be in front of him, don’t see it helping us much next year which is what we need from portal.

If Ugonna Onyenso could come in and he gets lets say 8 boards a game. But no guarantee what you get i know. But if we could it would actually help. At this point with all the different targets and rumors on here im confused and have no clue what direction the coaching staff is leaning. Kind of feels like 52 card pick up at this point. Throw em up and see which one lands.

On any team without Oscar, he’s a starter last season. I like him a lot. As I said, we may fade anyway. I get the feeling that Gainey is some sort special case and they may be able to avoid using a scholarship. I continue to hear we have a goal of three. Obviously some furniture has to move for that to happen. Gainey not counting could be a piece of that.

On any team without Oscar, he’s a starter last season. I like him a lot. As I said, we may fade anyway. I get the feeling that Gainey is some sort special case and they may be able to avoid using a scholarship. I continue to hear we have a goal of three. Obviously some furniture has to move for that to happen. Gainey not counting could be a piece of that.
So if we get three and Gainey doesn’t count toward scholarship. That would be massive imo. Get the WKU guy and Ugonna. Keep Santi and Phillips while only BJE leaves. That is an Elite roster imo

So our plan was the UK dude, Gaines and McKnight?

lmaooooo, 100 better choices and we may end up with those three.

Could have been Cal blowing smoke and eternal optimism of UK writers, but they were very very high on the upside of Onyenso. Cal was saying he expected him to be one of the best bigs in the nation next season. He had offers from Kansas, UK, UConn, Oklahoma, Maryland, Ok St, Syracuse, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, UGA, Illinois and a bunch of other Big East teams. He publicly said he was returning to UK a few weeks ago but was apparently unhappy even then, about UK/Cal's usage of him. He was behind some pretty good players and UK didn't get as many garbage minutes as usual. He started 3 games with Tshibwe was hurt and averaged like 7.5 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks. Not bad for someone who was about 6 weeks past his 18th birthday. Several years of him wouldn't be a bad thing. Supposedly, UK was planning a twin towers situation with him and their 7'0 freshman.

And now McCollum visiting Oklahoma tomorrow :/

Day gets worse

You've already gone through the stages of Denial and Anger in the past few hours. You might as well head to Stage 3: Bargaining, because we're likely not going to land any of the guys you specifically want. It will help you cope.

As recently as two days ago, I heard we were very optimistic about Ledlum. I have no idea where that stands now either.
So rn it looks
Ledlum
Ugonna
McKnight
Not counting Gainey because possible staff could work around him not.
That will be interesting how it works out. That’s 3 players for 2 spots if BJE leaves. Unless Santi or Phillips are moving.

You've already gone through the stages of Denial and Anger in the past few hours. You might as well head to Stage 3: Bargaining, because we're likely not going to land any of the guys you specifically want. It will help you cope.

Guess we will head towards average :/

I live in Midland, an hour and 45 minutes south of Lubbock. Comparing Lubbock to Knoxville...no comparison. Lubbock is a dump.

Hope Perry sees it this way.
having driven through there a number of times, it literally smells like a dump on account of all the cows 🤮

VN Store

Back