Tennessee Transfer Portal Targets

I have nothing against Phillips (I hope he comes back) but has anyone that follows NBA seen a player with stats like his as a freshmen go pro after his freshmen year and make it. Take into account his skill set. He does not have a good handle and that is one reason he hardly played against FAU. I understand he could go G league or whatever but don’t see him being successful in NBA at this point.

Only at Tennessee could someone be freshman all conference and have people talk about him like he’s Dane Bradshaw. He didn’t play a lot against FAU because he had a hip pointer.

I have nothing against Phillips (I hope he comes back) but has anyone that follows NBA seen a player with stats like his as a freshmen go pro after his freshmen year and make it. Take into account his skill set. He does not have a good handle and that is one reason he hardly played against FAU. I understand he could go G league or whatever but don’t see him being successful in NBA at this point.

He's raw. And the NBA values raw talent above production now. It's a different era. I also believe that a lot of athletes are looking to take the guaranteed cash while they can over rolling the dice and hoping for improvement. I'm not saying I agree necessarily, but it's hard to blame a kid for taking even $1-3 million guaranteed in the 2nd round rather than coming back and hoping to improve his draft stock. Crazy things happen. Career-ending injuries for starters. Or, maybe some athletes just never reach their potential in college and flame out and move entirely off draft boards. JJJ is actually a great example. His freshmen and sophomore years he was mocked in the late first-round, early second-round but injuries plagued him and he never put together enough production to show his value when considering his injury history. Who knows what happens if JJJ leaves after his freshmen year as a late 2nd round pick.

Jarred vanderbilt is starting right now for the lakers

Patrick Williams at FSU. He averaged 9.2/4.0/1.0 and 32% from 3 in his one year at FSU. He is 6'8" and 215. Phillips averaged 8.3/4.7/1.4 and 23% from 3 and is 6'8" and 198.

Patrick Williams averaged 10.2 and 4 and shot 41.5% from 3 this year for the Bulls.

Question about Uros. Could he use the covid year at another school or does it have to be UT? He may just be looking to stay state side.

Question about Uros. Could he use the covid year at another school or does it have to be UT? He may just be looking to stay state side.

He can play anywhere he wants, that season just "didn't count" against eligibility for any player that was already in college. He does count against the scholarship limit.

I'd probably tell Uros to transfer down and stay close in TN (which is what he seems to want to do). TTU, UT Chattanooga, Belmont, Lipscomb, Austin Peay, etc.

Barring a dramatic shift in events, Phillips will declare this week. The substance of his announcement and possibility of his return should be out there by Friday. One mystery fewer after that. I’ve heard both Santi and JJJ will both go on the record soon, and have heard that Uros is stubbornly sitting tight til the cards fall. The last one is weird, but I think everyone is tiptoeing until some facts firm up.

Santi, JJJ, and Uros are a tight-knit group off the floor. So I think each is waiting to see what the other(s) do. I don’t know anything about the coaches but assumed Barnes would move on from Uros but that may be incorrect.

“Big week for UT. NCAA hearing, BasketVols announcements forthcoming and Vols vs Gators in softball, which could get the LVs even closer to that long-awaited SEC championship.”

“Outgoing, and incoming”

- LaVol

We going to get a commit? 👀👀

“Big week for UT. NCAA hearing, BasketVols announcements forthcoming and Vols vs Gators in softball, which could get the LVs even closer to that long-awaited SEC championship.”

“Outgoing, and incoming”

- LaVol

We going to get a commit? 👀👀
My guess is Santi returning, Phillips declaring, and who knows on JJJ. Not necessarily a commit from a portal kid, though Ledlum making a decision this week is perhaps expected.

Reactions: HeadVol77
You like our chances with Ledlum?
I know the staff felt good about our chances pre visit while everyone was calling for Indiana and thinking he wouldn’t even make it here for a visit, so the fact he came here was a good sign. Most folks still seem to be sticking with Indiana so that’s usually not a great sign but idk anything for certain.

I guess I'd rather have Demary than BJ but if it appears Edwards is staying, that's the end of that....
Unless Demary wants to join. If that does happen... yeah it's fantasy land...I have to wonder if Edwards might be encouraged to enter the portal and find a new home? Gainey, Demary, Ledlum, Knecht...I would be pretty pleased with that.

Reactions: DMcVol

VN Store

Back