Tennessee Vols: Road to CFP ESPN Commercial

TheMookieMonster

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/770321123921817600

Thought this was kind of cool. It's the payoff of our long and brutal journey over the past 5 years since the end of the Fulmer-era. Tennessee has finally regained the national exposure it deserves. It's been too long since we have been regarded as a team of enough significance to warrant their own commercial.

Soak it in Vol fans. All that is left is for us to go out on the field and prove it. Let's hope it happens. 2 DAYS!!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/770321123921817600

Thought this was kind of cool. It's the payoff of our long and brutal journey over the past 5 years since the end of the Fulmer-era. Tennessee has finally regained the national exposure it deserves. It's been too long since we have been regarded as a team of enough significance to warrant their own commercial.

Soak it in Vol fans. All that is left is for us to go out on the field and prove it. Let's hope it happens. 2 DAYS!!!!!

Being a young fan who didn't care about football until his first game freshman year in 2009... this whole being relevant thing is so foreign to me.

I love it! :rock::rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Being a young fan who didn't care about football until his first game freshman year in 2009... this whole being relevant thing is so foreign to me.

I love it! :rock::rock:

I feel your pain. My first season as a fan was 1996. I started at UT in 2007. My college years were awful minus one 10-4 season.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd rather see those types of promos after we've already made a title run.

We haven't played in a nationally relevant game in 9 years.

I feel your pain. My first season as a fan was 1996. I started at UT in 2007. My college years were awful minus one 10-4 season.

I started REALLY understanding football around the same time- I was seven or eight years old.

I started at Tennessee in 2008. So I didn't even get the 10-4 year.

My parents were at UT from 1978/1979 through 1982. Another pretty crappy span. Maybe my family is cursed.

I started REALLY understanding football around the same time- I was seven or eight years old.

I started at Tennessee in 2008. So I didn't even get the 10-4 year.

My parents were at UT from 1978/1979 through 1982. Another pretty crappy span. Maybe my family is cursed.

You were there for the worst 4-year stretch in the history of the school. You had Fulmer's last year, Kiffin's year, and two years of Dooley. My condolences

Mine started in '98. (Class '01). Fantastic years to be a student and a UT football fan. Free student section tickets beats the hell out of the $150+ tickets I have to buy today

I was there from 96 to 02. Probably the best time to ever be a student and UT football fan.

I got to see Peyton Manning play football and I got to see a NC and almost another NC in 01.

You were there for the worst 4-year stretch in the history of the school. You had Fulmer's last year, Kiffin's year, and two years of Dooley. My condolences

My Father was there in the 30s, my older brothers in the late 40s after WWII, I was there in the in the 50s. and my youngest son was there in the mid 90s. I have seen the best and the worst.

My Father was there in the 30s after the depression, my older brothers in the late 40s after WWII, I was there in the in the late 50s. and my youngest son was there in the mid 90s. I have seen the best and the worst.

Is that really worse than when I started in 2009? I'd trade Dooley's 3rd year to see Tennessee coached by Fulmer.

Reactions: 1 person
It's so funny; I never realize how young most folks on this board are until I read a thread like this. You kids that went to college in the Dooley years . . . I am so, so sorry. You only missed the years of greatness by pretty much a decade! It was so damn fun back then. You are such great fans though, for coming up when you did, and still hanging around. That's real fandom, and I truly hope you are rewarded this season with some greatness that is reminiscent of those late nineties, early '00 years.

It's so funny; I never realize how young most folks on this board are until I read a thread like this. You kids that went to college in the Dooley years . . . I am so, so sorry. You only missed the years of greatness by pretty much a decade! It was so damn fun back then. You are such great fans though, for coming up when you did, and still hanging around. That's real fandom, and I truly hope you are rewarded this season with some greatness that is reminiscent of those late nineties, early '00 years.

I was there from 2006-2010, so I got to experience relevance and the free student tix for a year or two. I also got to experience the Kiffin debacle...but nothing prepared me for my law school years...those three years that Dooley ruined the program...

VN Store

Back