Tennessee vs South Carolina (celebrity fans)

The Great Jimmy Buffett's formula of showing special appreciation to whatever audience/city was in front of him served him and his family very well financially over the span of his career. That bank account is hard to argue with.
By contrast, I once went to a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in Columbus, Ohio, at the Schottenstein Center (OSU’s basketball arena). Chad Smith’s bass head had the Michigan logo on it, and after they finished their encore, he got on the mic and thanked everyone for coming out before saying “We’ve got one more song!” and proceeding to sing the Michigan fight song. Crowd reaction was a 25/25/50 split of cheers, laughter, and boos lol.

The song Wagon Wheel was started by Bob Dylan in the 70s and finished 20 plus years later by OCMS. Then, a decade (and change) later Mr Hootie covered/robbed/took advantage of OCMS’ completed song.

Totally ripped off a non-pop music band’s song and made a bunch of money with people singing along, like morons, as if it’s his anthem. He slapped it on a “country album” and used streaming for-pay services like Apple Music, Spotify, etc to blow the pretty much 30 year old song out of the water. MEANWHILE few to no one knows he did nothing but cash on other artists work coz he had a couple cringy hits in the 90s as a pop rock group.

That is chicken sh!t. Truly cock-like. F that guy. His version is Kids Bop. Especially coming from a guy who went from a few hits in the rock/pop genre and switching to new-age corny country.

I’d be pissed and embarrassed if he was a UT fan. He’s true and true SC Trash Cock Garbage no matter how nice he seems on TV. F that guy.
Wow you seem extremely angry about something that happens all the time in the music business. Hold my hand, while we let her cryyyy. Hootie was a great 90s band like it or not.

The song Wagon Wheel was started by Bob Dylan in the 70s and finished 20 plus years later by OCMS. Then, a decade (and change) later Mr Hootie covered/robbed/took advantage of OCMS’ completed song.

Totally ripped off a non-pop music band’s song and made a bunch of money with people singing along, like morons, as if it’s his anthem. He slapped it on a “country album” and used streaming for-pay services like Apple Music, Spotify, etc to blow the pretty much 30 year old song out of the water. MEANWHILE few to no one knows he did nothing but cash on other artists work coz he had a couple cringy hits in the 90s as a pop rock group.

That is chicken sh!t. Truly cock-like. F that guy. His version is Kids Bop. Especially coming from a guy who went from a few hits in the rock/pop genre and switching to new-age corny country.

I’d be pissed and embarrassed if he was a UT fan. He’s true and true SC Trash Cock Garbage no matter how nice he seems on TV. F that guy.
You MIGHT need to take something for that anger issue you have. LOL

Breathe little one. The big bad Hootie can't hurt you.

I don't have strong feelings about Hootie. Which is probably the worst thing you can say about an artist.

I saw him and OCMS on consecutive nights at Fun Fest a couple of years ago. Old Crow was great. Hootie was meh.
Hold my Hand is a great song and I love to hear him sing that.
His country music is not my thing.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Peyton is the only one I know in that picture. All the comments on Rucker are interesting.

Wow you seem extremely angry about something that happens all the time in the music business. Hold my hand, while we let her cryyyy. Hootie was a great 90s band like it or not.
What is wrong with you people?!

Some of our fans are braindead.

Sorry for the education.

Sorry thought you might want to know the back story of the song and stop singing kid’s bop with Hootie.

But I’m sure you knew everything I explained….
Ketch Secor probably doesn't mind cashing those songwriter royalty checks from Hootie's version. Dylan, on the other hand, probably never even noticed a tiny bump from Wagon Wheel in his royalties.

Reactions: Boca Vol
While we are on the subject..."Wagon Wheel"...other than Dylan being stoned out of his gourd, how does one go West from the Cumberland Gap to get to Johnson City?
Dylan's only contribution to the song is the "rock me momma..... " chorus and they found it on an old bootleg of Dylan just screwing around.

That kid, Ketch Secor, wrote the rest and apparently has no sense of direction.

Reactions: IndianaVol

Nothing cringy about his pop hits in the 90s. I was not a huge fan, but they were very listenable songs if I happened to catch them on FM while driving.

You should consider that maybe he did a better job at Wagon Wheel. I mean, I had to google OCMS. I'll admit I have heard of them, but just barely. 😁

VN Store

Back