Texas University = TU?

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
This show set in the 80's had a guy wearing a "Texas University" shirt. Did they used to say it that way?

20180825_170336.jpg

There was an April Fool’s news report about the cattle suing our Vols for the rights to “UT”. Then years later it came to be. Anyone with any cents wood steer clear of Texas.

Last edited:
Didn't Mexico win the Battle of the Alamo? Wasn't it later on with Tennesseans' help they whooped 'em at the Battle of San Jacinto.[/

Yes, Santa Ana’s army overtook
Didn't Mexico win the Battle of the Alamo? Wasn't it later on with Tennesseans' help they whooped 'em at the Battle of San Jacinto.

Yes 100 “Texans” held off Santa Anna’s army of a couple thousand for 13 days until they were overcome. The Alamo battle encouraged more Texans to join the fight for their independence. Sam Houston (Tennessean) later led the way.

Reactions: Vol49er
There was an April Fool’s news report about the cattle suing our Vols for the rights to “UT”. Then years latter it came to be. Anyone with any cents wood steer clear of Texas.

The issue was over the interlocking UT logo, which both teams used. The real UT agreed to let Texas use it and adopted the Power T, a much more powerful logo.

The issue was over the interlocking UT logo, which both teams used. The real UT agreed to let Texas use it and adopted the Power T, a much more powerful logo.

Now Texas likes to use a similar the Power T on some of their gear. Time to litigate.

Now Texas likes to use a similar the Power T on some of their gear. Time to litigate.

I haven't seen that.

99% of the time, you see this:
1535301770953.png

and the other 1% of the time, you see this:

images

To be totally fair, I was able to google and find this:

images

But that's not our Power T (wrong shape, in addition to wrong colors), and anyway you never actually see it used outside of a determined google search. They're all about the Longhorn silhouette.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Vol49er
The University of Tennessee was originally chartered as Blount College in 1794, 2 years before Tennessee became a state, and just over 40 years before Volunteers from TN, among other states helped Texas fight the battles at Alamo and San Jacinto in 1836. Texas became a state in 1845, nearly 50 years after Blount College was established.

Blount College became East TN college, then East TN University, and finally renamed the University of Tennessee in 1879, 4 years before the University of Texas at Austin was founded (1883)

UT football began in 1891, 2 years before UTA’s first season in 1893.

UT Football claims it’s first national title (of 6) in 1938. UTA claims their first of 4 in 1963, 35 years later.

Never let anyone tell you that UT is in the land of steers and qu#%rs again. The real UT is in Gods country in Tennessee.

Last edited:
Didn't Mexico win the Battle of the Alamo? Wasn't it later on with Tennesseans' help they whooped 'em at the Battle of San Jacinto.
I didn't say they won the battle.
We all know how that turned out.
But it was the sacrifice of those brave Volunteers and their comrades in arms that inspired the Texian Army to defeat the forces of Santa Anna.
"Remember the Alamo" was a rallying cry heard around the world.

Right after graduating from UT I moved out to Arlington, TX. Out of habit I’d say I graduated from UT and the people out there would say, “Oh, you’re a Longhorn!” I would always reply, “No, that’s little u, little t. I went to big U, big T.” They loved that in Texas.

Reactions: tbh
Right after graduating from UT I moved out to Arlington, TX. Out of habit I’d say I graduated from UT and the people out there would say, “Oh, you’re a Longhorn!” I would always reply, “No, that’s little u, little t. I went to big U, big T.” They loved that in Texas.

UT, Sr., was founded in 1794.

ut, jr., was founded in 1883.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It

VN Store

Back