That poor Quarterback!

He sucked.. Overhyped and missed several open receivers ... He looked like a Vandy QB during the Rod Dowhouser years

Reactions: 1 person
He probably shouldn't be playing. He looked about 60%. Seeing as how he was hobbling like an old man and they didn't take him out I'm guessing they don't have anyone worth a damn behind him.

He definitely looked rusty. He missed a couple of open receivers, but the kid has a cannon of an arm. Several times, he managed to chuck the ball 30 yds out of bounds off his back foot while being pressured. Looked to me like he just didn't have anybody to go to even when he wasn't being pressured. I was really surprised they had him in there in the 4th quarter.

I'm newer to the site, but from what I've seen you post, I generally agree with most of what you have to say. But (not being a negavol), I'm afraid you may be getting a little ahead of yourself. Our defense tonight was flat out dominant. But if Justin Coleman, God bless him, starts all year as CB2, we're in trouble against teams with speed. I'm also high on Danny O'Brien, but this team didn't have the talent, strength, or depth we'll see coming up. I'm so proud of our team effort tonight, especially the D. I'm hoarse from screaming my lungs out for them. But maybe we oughta just stick with "good" for now.:hi:

It's a good thing he wasn't starting at cb2. Williams was (former track star) and mosely is behind Williams who is also very fast. Coleman plays nickel now.

When they got their only touchdown we had our second team defense out there. When they scored CBJ threw starters back in.

It's a good thing he wasn't starting at cb2. Williams was (former track star) and mosely is behind Williams who is also very fast. Coleman plays nickel now.

When they got their only touchdown we had our second team defense out there. When they scored CBJ threw starters back in.

I'm a big fan of Coleman in the nickel spot. But when I see him out wide.. I hear Jerry Seinfeld say "Newman" in my head, only I change it to Coleman. Dude is a strength at nickel, but a liability out wide. A cb with some top end speed is playing for an interception on that td. Coleman got the penalty and still didn't stop the play. I love that guy for all his effort as a Vol, but his strengths are closer to the middle of the field.

I'm a big fan of Coleman in the nickel spot. But when I see him out wide.. I hear Jerry Seinfeld say "Newman" in my head, only I change it to Coleman. Dude is a strength at nickel, but a liability out wide. A cb with some top end speed is playing for an interception on that td. Coleman got the penalty and still didn't stop the play. I love that guy for all his effort as a Vol, but his strengths are closer to the middle of the field.

Coleman struggles at the worst time for a CB...when the ball is in the air. He had good position both times and just failed to find and play the ball correctly either time both resulting in PIs. I'd rather have Michael Williams, Emmanuel Moseley then Coleman in Standard, Nickle and dime.

You're incorrect. Coleman DID start as CB2 AND he was the one that got burned for the TD. :devilsmoke:Williams did not start. That's the whole point of my post. #27 was the guy struggling to catch up with the WR from the MWC. Get some facts, and come back and see me.

You're incorrect. Coleman DID start as CB2 AND he was the one that got burned for the TD. :devilsmoke:Williams did not start. That's the whole point of my post. #27 was the guy struggling to catch up with the WR from the MWC. Get some facts, and come back and see me.

Ummm... Yeah he was struggling after we had a big lead and he was put in as a back up at that spot. He was in the game at NICKEL before.

Facts? I guess it's a good thing I DVR'ed the game. Just went back and on the first play of the game #24 Williams is in. Thanks.

VN Store

Back