The Alabama trip will be absolute murder

You could argue we forfeited the Georgia game.
giphy.gif

Don't tell this to Mrs. Iam4utalways. It's our weekend without the kids. Go to the game enjoy the weekend and see the Vols put a beatdown on the gumps.

I like it. Go Vols!

Tennessee didn't even get close enough to miss a field goal against UGA and someone thinks they can score a TD against Bama?

Reactions: 1 person
Late TD after Saban puts cheerleaders and the winners of the raffle in the game on defense.

:) Alabama did actually have guys that were TE's in spring running for TD's in the 3rd or 4th qtr of the Miss game. I don't remember the kids name, but they have a backup QB that looks like Marcus Mariota. It could get real bad.

:) Alabama did actually have guys that were TE's in spring running for TD's in the 3rd or 4th qtr of the Miss game. I don't remember the kids name, but they have a backup QB that looks like Marcus Mariota. It could get real bad.

The hawaiian kid that i am not even going to try to pronouce or spell his name....

The loss will push AlabamaÂ’s current win streak over us to 11, which will tie the Alabama 71 - 81 and UF 05 - 15 win streaks as the longest in UT history. Ironic that if Butch didnÂ’t blow the 15 UF game or fall apart last year then Bama would be going for the record this year.

Only solution I see to make sure they donÂ’t get the record next year is to bring in Chip Kelly and pray that he pulls a rabbit out of his hat in that game. Right now it looks like Butch is planning to concede the game this year to keep players healthy in hopes he can win 7 and save his job.

Tennessee didn't even get close enough to miss a field goal against UGA and someone thinks they can score a TD against Bama?

ThatÂ’s not true, we intercepted the ball at the 27, gained 2 yards, then butt fumbled it. It would be more accurate to say our offense was so bad we only had 6 first downs, 2 by penalty. I guess you could also say our turnovers and earned first downs were the same 4. You could also say we had more punts than 1st downs 9 - 6, or more drives of 3 or fewer plays than first downs 9 - 6. You could also say Dormady had fewer completions than first downs 5 - 6.

Our only hope to score is if Bama has their 1 off game per year with us...don't get me wrong, they'll still beat the stuffings out of us, but we may be able to score at least a field goal if they aren't paying attention. Of course, it will require a turnover by Bama on their own 5 yard line.

Who is gonna kick it?
One of the cheerleaders?

Reactions: 1 person
We wonÂ’t beat Bama until Saban retires, and even then it will take few years just for Bamas momentum to reside. I really think they can make it 20 in a row, which is disgusting.

Tennessee is to Bama as Vandy used to be to Tennessee.

This game will be an epic beat down. Jones couldn't keep it close with 6 NFL players on the roster last season, he sure won't keep it close this time.

Well, he use to be a RB but he was 7th string so he changed positions. Tua, the QB, broke all Mariota's high school records. Your guy Manning said after QB camp that he was better than Mariota.

True that Vols are likely to lose the Bama game by a big margin, but there's one possible mitigating factor: Bama has to play two decently tough games over the next two weeks, including A&M in College Station Saturday and back home against Arkansas a week later. They'll beat both of them by comfortable margins. But they'll also play Tennessee without having had a bye week. And Arkansas, especially, is usually a physical game, so Bama could come in tired and beaten up some, although they have so much depth, it won't matter that much, except at linebacker where they've had some injuries. They'll still win the game easily, but it won't reach the level of their blowouts against Vandy and Ole Miss.

Last edited:

The "TE" that had a TD in the Ole Miss game is senior Ronnie Clark. He was a HS QB, and a pretty damn good athlete. He signed as a safety, moved to RB to add depth, tore an Achilles 2 seasons ago, tore the other last season, and was moved to TE/H back to try and find him a role on the team. His TD last weekend was the 1st of his career.

Our only hope to score is if Bama has their 1 off game per year with us...don't get me wrong, they'll still beat the stuffings out of us, but we may be able to score at least a field goal if they aren't paying attention. Of course, it will require a turnover by Bama on their own 5 yard line.

That would require a kicker that can make a field goal.

Guys cmon, there is no chance that Jon Gruden loses his first game as Head Coach at Tennessee.

Bama could make Hurts and Ridley run backwards and we'd still lose by 40.

True that Vols are likely to lose the Bama game by a big margin, but there's one possible mitigating factor: Bama has to play two decently tough games over the next two weeks, including A&M in College Station Saturday and back home against Arkansas a week later. They'll beat both of them by comfortable margins. But they'll also play Tennessee without having had a bye week. And Arkansas, especially, is usually a physical game, so Bama could come in tired and beaten up some, although they have so much depth, it won't matter that much, except at linebacker where they've had some injuries. They'll still win the game easily, but it won't reach the level of their blowouts against Vandy and Ole Miss.

Alabamas second string would smoke our first string. This game will be just as bad as the Vandy beat down. I actually think they hold us scoreless. When was the last time a UT football team was shut out twice in the same season?

An Alabama fan I know told me sometime last week it's been over 4,000 days since UT beat Bama. It's going to be at least 365 more soon. Depressing.

VN Store

Back