The Athletic: Feldman reports Peyton involved in new hire. Wildcard Bill O'Brien

Bill O’ Brien actually would be a very good name given he has:

a) Experience navigating a mess
b) Won at a P5 school with bare bone talent after scandal
c) Has a lot of NFL experience that will help him in recruiting
d) Is a very creartive offensive mind with a modern offense like Lane & Sarkisian

Bullets (a) & (b) are our biggest needs at this time. We need someone who could navigate us through what will be brutal few years with lot of pain !!

IDK why people act like Peyton is some kind of savior. He was involved in John Currie becoming AD.
He loves the school and has pull but no official title. We guess wrong without consequences. Shouldn’t be any for him just because he’s a higher end FAN.

Reactions: LittleVol
He also recommended the Schiano hire and when the Jets consulted him during their last coaching search, he recommended Adam Gase.

Well the Jets are hot trash from top to bottom... And the NY media is like a homeless bum pouring gasoline onto an existing dumpster fire... So... Let's not draw any rational conclusions from that at all other than everything about that scenario for Adam Gase was unwinnable and cancer...

I’m only familiar with O’Brien and his losing record at Houston.... 😩🥴
He was one of the worst GMs in recent NFL history, but as a coach he was better than average. He got the Texans, who had okay but not over the top talent to the playoffs consistently. He also competed for BiG10 Championships with reduced scholarships and a black cloud over the program. Some coaches can't manage pros and are better suited for the college game. He is a prime example. It would be easy to recruit QBs with a guy that Tom Brady vouches for and Peyton Manning is an involved alumnus and booster.

What miracle did he work at Penn St??? He went 8-4 and 7-5 in 2 seasons... Lmao... Yeah, dude has a .520 W% with what pretty much everyone considers is an elite QB in the NFL... Dude is hot trash and got a ridiculous amount of praise heaped on him for doing a SERVICABLE job at Penn St and literally nothing more...

So you missed the whole Penn State NCAA child rape scandal that caused half the roster to quit and got them hammered by the NCAA? He dealt with that and had two winning seasons.

He took the Texans from 2-14 to 9-7 in his first year. Ryan Fitzpatrick was his "elite" QB.

This was what I was expecting. Tennessee finds themselves in need of a coach; let’s fire Pruitt before even starting the search. Unbelievable. At this point I was almost hoping they’d make Steele the interim for a year so we could take our time to get a new AD in place and not have to rush to hire someone.

Bill O’ Brien actually would be a very good name given he has:

a) Experience navigating a mess
b) Won at a P5 school with bare bone talent after scandal
c) Has a lot of NFL experience that will help him in recruiting
d) Is a very creartive offensive mind with a modern offense like Lane & Sarkisian

Bullets (a) & (b) are our biggest needs at this time. We need someone who could navigate us through what will be brutal few years with lot of pain !!
I could get behind BOB. I like that hire much better than Marrone.

What miracle did he work at Penn St??? He went 8-4 and 7-5 in 2 seasons... Lmao... Yeah, dude has a .520 W% with what pretty much everyone considers is an elite QB in the NFL... Dude is hot trash and got a ridiculous amount of praise heaped on him for doing a SERVICABLE job at Penn St and literally nothing more...
You do realize what he took over don’t you?

VN Store

Back