The Atlanta Braves Thread

Kinda puzzling we drop 2 to the orioles.

Seems like this team did this earlier in the season once we grabbed 1st place. Maybe when we swept the Mets to get first and then come back home after a long road trip and get swept by SF.

Then this week we got to the top of the NL and immediately drop 2 to a bottom feeder.

I’m just saying. I’d rather have a player that contributes more to the team by producing runs, but isn’t an elite at defense and may have an error ever now and then. I can promise that makes a bigger difference to a team. Heck, bogarts has 3 more ab’s than dansby with 18 more rbi’s. You may save a run once every couple of games, but when your putting 2 or 3 on the board for your team it makes a bigger difference.

Dans has done fine this year. Played a couple weeks hurt earlier in the year and saw his numbers drop. He was killing the ball back in April.

Kinda puzzling we drop 2 to the orioles.

Seems like this team did this earlier in the season once we grabbed 1st place. Maybe when we swept the Mets to get first and then come back home after a long road trip and get swept by SF.

Then this week we got to the top of the NL and immediately drop 2 to a bottom feeder.

**** happens. Only third time we’ve lost three straight this year. Better bullpen management by Snit and we could have won Friday

Julio is 5th in the NL in homeruns given up at 15 and 4th in walks at 39.

The really good news is he only has a .213 average against him and not in the top 50 hits allowed. The problem is he has no control at all and now has showed the past 2 seasons he is a homerun pitcher. If he could ever figure his command out and not be a homerun pitcher there could be a slimmer of hope there.

**** happens. Only third time we’ve lost three straight this year. Better bullpen management by Snit and we could have won Friday

Yeah. I just was kinda thinking being on top takes some getting used to.

Friday was a downer and there were several things that could’ve won us that game. I guess the thing I took away from it was that we went from up 2 to down 4 in the 9th and took it to extras. This team is never out of it.

Ready for Acuña to be back.

Yeah. I just was kinda thinking being on top takes some getting used to.

Friday was a downer and there were several things that could’ve won us that game. I guess the thing I took away from it was that we went from up 2 to down 4 in the 9th and took it to extras. This team is never out of it.

Ready for Acuña to be back.

Yeah it’s fun to get disappointed with losing again! Haha. I actually mean that because with four bad years it’s weird to lose series and be pissed

I haven’t bought a new era fitted hat in about 20 years. I went on a mission to find one that fit me this year. Ended up with one of the pro light hats. The one with the tomahawk. Man once you get that hat broke in it feels great. Seriously one of the best feeling hats I’ve eve put on my head.

Just thought I’d share.

I haven’t bought a new era fitted hat in about 20 years. I went on a mission to find one that fit me this year. Ended up with one of the pro light hats. The one with the tomahawk. Man once you get that hat broke in it feels great. Seriously one of the best feeling hats I’ve eve put on my head.

Just thought I’d share.

Almost all my hats are new era. Can’t go wrong with it

Imagine coming into an opposing team thread excited about facing a division leader while your six games back in your own division.

Ain't nobody worried about the damn Cardinals.
We may suck, but we’ll give you guys a battle come this weekend. I’ve seen the fight in them all season long, and they just keep coming back. Maybe, after today, by beating the Brewers, we’ll get hot now, but who knows? :rock::hi:

Imagine coming into an opposing team thread excited about facing a division leader while your six games back in your own division.
No argument there, and I hope it is a great 3 game series. Y’all are playing some great ball. You know, we have to worry about today, and then Cleveland afterwards. We are getting healthy again, and I hope we can do something. Like I said, we aren’t playing well, but I’ve seen the fight in these guys all season long. Our offense sucks right now, but I’m hoping we pick it up starting tomorrow against the Brewers. :good!:

Just thought I’d share.

Don’t wash it. If you do, let it air dry. Almost every time I wash my new era hats, it never feels the same.

I’m just saying. I’d rather have a player that contributes more to the team by producing runs, but isn’t an elite at defense and may have an error ever now and then. I can promise that makes a bigger difference to a team. Heck, bogarts has 3 more ab’s than dansby with 18 more rbi’s. You may save a run once every couple of games, but when your putting 2 or 3 on the board for your team it makes a bigger difference.

You think you want that, but it rarely ever works like that for Catchers or Shortstops.

Reactions: 1 person

Prime example is Jason Heyward -

Never hit .300, never had a 100 RBI season. .153 post season average.

Making 26 million because he makes a sliding catch or throws a runner out once a week.

Prime example is Jason Heyward -

Never hit .300, never had a 100 RBI season. .153 post season average.

Making 26 million because he makes a sliding catch or throws a runner out once a week.

Partially because of that and partially because he's a corner outfielder who looks like the light may come on at any second and start slashing .290/.370/.500. The guy is closing in on 30 and still getting paid based on potential.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back