The fact that Arch Manning is not even visiting UT...

I would be shocked if Arch ends up at LSU. OM people despise LSU. I know things have changed but that is heresy to those people. If the kid wants to pave his own way like his Uncle then UGA or Texas would be best path.

Ogeron(?) won't be coach at LSU by the time Arch is available, and LSU is smart enough to hire a true QB savvy coach to replace him. Pittman has only begun and will soon enough, out-Saban, Saban. Unless Kiffin really messes up big time, Ole Miss will be too much of a lock to overcome.

1632943814470.jpeg

I’m not sure why this is surprising at all. Peyton didn’t have any ties to UT when he came here. He chose the Vols because Ole Miss was in the toilet and we gave him the best chance to be successful (at the time we just had a QB go #1 overall in the draft).

You can even look at Eli when he was picked by the Chargers and immediately demanded he be traded because he believed that they would not put him in a situation to be successful.

The Manning boys had a front row seat to what it looks like when you play for an incompetent organization like Archie did when he played for the Saints.
Both Eli and Archie lost some respect for the manner in which Eli shunned the Chargers

UT is not even a school that Arch Manning is considering...He is not even visiting UT. I think this shows where we are as a program.

Smokescreen IMO. I'm pretty sure he has an uncle that went here and owns land in east TN. At his homecoming game he was wearing an orange tie. Soon!

He wasn't going to come here anyways, Why would he waste a visit here?...I'm sure he has visited UT a lot in the past and seen everything he needs to see....I think Texas is the team to beat for him...I think he wants to pave his own path and not be in the shadows of his families schools.
I doubt he has visited UT "a lot"

Read first post. Burn this thread. OP living in the past. We're not the Mannings' school. We are the school of one, ONE of the Manning family.
Yep. And tbh we got lucky on the timing of when Peyton was in HS. He probably would’ve gone to OM too had they not been on probation

The subject of that sentence was Eli, who in fact did not consider UT. It was Florida, Texas and Ole' Miss. Simms flipping to Texas is why Eli didn't choose them.
Simms and Eli aren't the same age and that's not the reason Eli didn't choose Texas. Eli did consider UT

I think Arch can dial up or down how much he pays homage to the traditions set by his family.

Ultra-true: Ole Miss, following his dad and granddad
SEC-true: LSU or Bama, two schools no other Manning has played for, but still in the league they all joined
Fully-independent: Texas (if they're not already in the SEC when he signs his LOI...if they are, then move them to the previous category)

I'd be shocked if it's not one of those four. And, honestly, I wouldn't think Bama is likely--because the chances of riding the bench there while another 5-star stud takes your playing time is higher than anywhere else. Ask Jalen Hurts.

My money would be on LSU, as long as the right coaching staff is in place to ensure his development.

People need to realize Peyton was the one who strayed away in the Manning family. Archie will go to Ole Miss, just like his father would have, his uncle did, and his grandfather did. The only way that’s not the case is if Kirby drops some serious cash on him, which we know he’ll try to do.
Lol. You think he's worried about money? Money wouldn't even move the needle. He'll go somewhere that will best prepare him for the nfl

At this point I'm surprised Peyton still comes around.

That's just a ridiculous statement. Peyton is loyal, period, dot. If you don't know that by now, you're not paying attention. He loved his time at UT, is proud of it, and would never tuck tail and run. Might as well call him a coward while you're at it.

Jesus H Christ.

Actually, no it doesn't.

All it really shows is you have taken a data point and used it to justify your own biases and projections. Only Arch and his family are privy to his reason behind his recruitment. There is no guarantee Arch would come here even if we were Bama-level dominant.

Were I Arch, I wouldn't want to follow a legend family member to a school at which he is revered. I would want to blaze my own trail. Create my own legacy. Become revered on my own terms.
Kind of exactly like Peyton did.

Goodness gracious. I looked it up. He enrolled at Ole Miss in 2000. Dude? Grow up
He was a class of 1999 recruit. The same class as Chris Simms. You can say anything else you want, but he was a class of 1999 signee. Take the L and stop embarrassing yourself.

He was a class of 1999 recruit. The same class as Chris Simms. You can say anything else you want, but he was a class of 1999 signee. Take the L and stop embarrassing yourself.
Do you need a trophy now? Take the L? I didn't know it was a competition. I was going off the article that said he enrolled in 2000. If it elevates your self worth, take the W

Btw, I'm not the least bit embarrassed

Simms and Eli aren't the same age and that's not the reason Eli didn't choose Texas. Eli did consider UT

Chris Simms is a year older, freshman year was 99, Eli was a freshman in 2000. Simms signed his letter of intent to play for Texas on 2/3/99, and Eli announced his commitment to Ole' Miss on 2/7/99.

Tennessee was never a contender for Eli.

VN Store

Back