The Heupel Effect

Tigervol

#1 Total Offense in the nation through game 6
-551.0 ypg
#5 Passing Offense
#27 Rushing Offense
-Players are actually improving every week
-Has actually started (not complete yet, 6 games to go) building one of the top competitive football teams in the nation
-Has the fan base truly believing we are back and back like no one really expected so quickly

PLEASE ADD more to what you think is the Heupel effect! GBO

-551.0 ypg
#5 Passing Offense
#27 Rushing Offense
-Has actually started (not complete yet, 6 games to go) building one of the top competitive football teams in the nation
-Has the fan base truly believing we are back and back like no one really expected so quickly

Humble players who give the credit for their successes to their teammates and who blame only themselves for their own mistakes. They have a model for this in the conduct of their coach who blames himself first and deflects praise to his players and coaches.

Contrast this with Pruitt telling the sideline reporter at halftime of his first Bama game, "I promise you, I will recruit 25 other guys that will play the right way so we don’t have to play in another game like this.”

-551.0 ypg
#5 Passing Offense
#27 Rushing Offense

6-0 with wins over Pitt, UF, LSU, Bama

-551.0 ypg
#5 Passing Offense
#27 Rushing Offense

And improving against better competition.

Certainly considering his results Coach Heupel is a football genius who is changing the game. He's like Conan, "drive your enemies before you and hear the lamentations of their women."

But I think the biggest different between him and the parade of coaches since Fulmer is that he "gets it." He embraces and understands the traditions and expectations, and thank God lives up to fan expectations. It has been a long wait.

You're home, Coach Heupel, and it shows that you know that.

He brought us our biggest regular season since 98 vs Florida. Don’t think I will go to another sporting event for the rest of my life that will have that big of impact. Just everything going on…2nd year coach, 3 wins 2 seasons ago, snapping a long losing streak vs Bama, breaking all kinds of records, our beast WR with 5 TDs, most points scored against Bama in well over 100 years, game winning FG with a knuckle ball that barely goes through as time expires…just unbelievable. Movie material

VN Store

Back