The Lane Kiffin Thread

Kiffin: Yes or No

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Prove that we could. The proof of burden is on those that claim we could easily attain him.
That's not how this works. He can't prove that we could because he isn't making the decision. However, you said we couldn't with the original claim...so, let's hear why we couldn't.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I can’t believe any Vol fan would even consider taking Kiffin back. There are too many other great coaches out there to consider giving this clown another chance at UT. No way I want him back here after the way he left.
As Bill Parcells used to say, we don’t need any buckle heads around here. With that in mind I would also pass on Freeze.
I think we need new and young blood here. My first choice would be Chadwell. Even though he hasn’t done it in a Power 5 conference, he has turned around every team he has coached. Taking Coastal Carolina to 13th in the county is unbelievable. What could he do with the talent already in place at UT? Make no mistake that we do have some elite talent here. If we hire him quickly, he may be able to keep some of our elite talent from leaving the program.

The absurdity that so many are displaying in the delusional idea that we could just go and get Kiffin if we want him is astonishing. He is becoming the new Gruden.

We might as well start saying he owns land in East TN, claiming he’s on planes to Knoxville, that he’s enrolled his kids in school, etc.

There’s absolutely no chance Kiffin would take this current disaster of a job, especially considering the penalties that are coming. Especially when far better jobs are right around the corner.

We’re making ourselves look pathetic. Kiffin left here after one year and now many are desperate for him to come back. It’s like begging your ex-wife who very publicly dumped and humiliated you to come back.
Nobody is forcing you to post here. If you don't like what is being discussed and you have such a low opinion of the members of this forum, and if you don't respect the University of Tennessee's football team, then it would be in your best interest to do something else with your leisure time besides logging on to VolNation. You seem to be a rather miserable person, with a sour disposition. Life is too short, dude.

Tennessee is on no position to pull a caliber coach like Kiffin.
Hell three years ago we thought we were too good for Schiano. Today he wouldn’t even give us a second look.
Vols football is dead, it’s going to take years to recover from this mess.
Expect a Google coach this time around.
Define google coach. Who?

What is wrong with you people?

It’s desperation...has to be.

If we weren’t going through the turnstiles, and any of our last 3 hires did more than blow ass, the majority of folks on here would still despise Kiff..and they should.

Lane Kiffin would come in here and win big. Might take some time due to potential sanctions, but players love him, fans love him, and he brings some swag back that we haven't seen. Hire Lane, and let him redeem himself and we will all watch this back on a 30 for 30 one day.
The last time there was swag around here, Kiffin was landing on the set of "Gameday" in a helicopter. Just sayin'.

on one condition

RackMultipart.3507.0_original.jpg

Reactions: Tnman1
I just read on TOS that Kiffin hasn't yet signed his contract extension... Anyone have a line on the validity of that?

Yes, Kiffin. Let's start that old chestnut up. Lane Kiffin, because Tennessee fans lust for mediocrity. Lane Kiffin is a LOSER. He doesn't win. He's never won. Let's stop grasping for whichever twig is presented and wait until we can grab hold of an honest to God root, coming from a mighty tree! Or we could continue to follow the path of irrelevance.

VN Store

Back