The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

A little insider piece - JJJ has had the flu this week and hasn't participated in a single practice. He's gonna give it a go but expect him to be pretty weak

If this is true, and he is “pretty weak”, I would hope we just don’t play him or that he is at least selective with his shots today.

8 if we spread the minutes. I think a ninth player will see the floor but not sure how much. I think I would trust Gainey a little more in this game.
Yea starting 5, and then I would assume Mashack, Awaka & Gainey get the first shots off the bench. I would imagine they’ll try to avoid the freshman unless the game is going far in either direction, would love for this to be the game Gainey breaks out.

A little insider piece - JJJ has had the flu this week and hasn't participated in a single practice. He's gonna give it a go but expect him to be pretty weak
That’s some awful news if true, this is a game we can’t really go big in and JJJ is a monster piece to us being able to play small.

If this is true, and he is “pretty weak”, I would hope we just don’t play him or that he is at least selective with his shots today.
Totally. Roommate is a manager on the team - I asked how the team feels about the game, and he said they're fully expecting to beat Bama's ass by a good margin. Bama is gonna have substantial problems with our defense.

If jjj is out wonder if Phillips gets a little pt. A little more versatile at the 4 than the other bigs

If JJJ is out, I think you’re more likely to see Dillione than Phillips. And then Maschack moves to the 4. Bama is a quick, guard-focused team. We can’t really afford to play too many bigs.

Yea starting 5, and then I would assume Mashack, Awaka & Gainey get the first shots off the bench. I would imagine they’ll try to avoid the freshman unless the game is going far in either direction, would love for this to be the game Gainey breaks out.
I could see some value is Estrella’s length for rim protection if our guards are allowing drives to the rim. He flashed some last game IMO

If JJJ is out, I think you’re more likely to see Dillione than Phillips. And then Maschack moves to the 4. Bama is a quick, guard-focused team. We can’t really afford to play too many bigs.

If JJJ is out, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Barnes ride a seven man rotation of ZZ, SV, Knecht, Mashack, Aidoo, Gainey, and Awaka. Foul trouble could force him deeper into the bench, of course.

Can't bring myself to count on Gainey. If ZZ and/or Vescovi are off today and we need Gainey to produce, we're likely in for a long afternoon.

VN Store

Back