The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

To be honest, this tournament has kind of sucked. Very few memorable games. I don’t think there has been a single true buzzer beater. Tons of blowouts. Few close finishes. Just a completely forgettable tournament if not for Tennessee’s Elite 8 run.
I thought there were alot of good matchups in the Sweet 16 and Elite 8. But NC State and Bama getting to the Final Four was a bit if a letdown. Especially considering the mismatches of going up against 7ft2+ big men they never had a chance of beating

thank gawd bama got beat. It would be intolerable to see the freakin' pink elephants in the national title game with a chance
to win the big taco while we're sitting at home in front of the TV.

thank gawd bama got beat. It would be intolerable to see the freakin' pink elephants in the national title game with a chance
to win the big taco while we're sitting at home in front of the TV.
No doubt. Every time I thought it was on ice, Sears would can a 3 from the parking lot. It's times like this that I come to grips with the unimaginable and intense hatred I have for Alabama.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jravol78
I get it. I still think Tenn and Purdue are better than your 15 points
Guess we will see Monday but having watched both teams extensively over the last 2 seasons I am going to go with UConn winning something like 87-75 and only that close because the refs will make sure Edey gets his obligatory 20 charity tosses .

To be honest, this tournament has kind of sucked. Very few memorable games. I don’t think there has been a single true buzzer beater. Tons of blowouts. Few close finishes. Just a completely forgettable tournament if not for Tennessee’s Elite 8 run.
Unfortunately, I think this is the direction we are headed with March madness. The new attention paid to gambling and mid majors (shown by the 10s largely being favored over the 7s this year) is making the selection committee more privy to fair seeding AND is making true upsets (yes, seed upsets still happen but this season it was mostly lower seeds that were actually favorites or even on the spread) even more rare. Thankfully for us, UK and Auburn were the two biggest true upsets this year.

Reactions: BisonVol

Agree, I've been saying this for the last couple of weeks. Outside of Oakland beating Kentucky and Yale, there were no big Cinderella upsets, and aside from NC State it was pretty much chalk throughout, with as you said no iconic buzzer beaters and very few close games.

Funny that in a year where the narrative has been about the parity in the sport that the tournament would be as top heavy as it's been in a long time. Monday night might be a classic game and it very well might be another yawner, which would be fitting.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back