The Official #3 Tennessee vs. #11 Michigan NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 5:50 PM ET, CBS

good season for a fairly young team... tons of true freshman playing... Fulky the only starter leaving... yep, I really have this gut feeling we may see Chandler one more season. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: TN1111 and MoCo_Vol
All you ***** so called Tennessee fans are trash, the shots didnt fall tonight. THATS NOT ON BARNES. Its the game. No wonder national media says what they say about some of you ***** clowns. It's ok to be disappointed but this is basketball. 2 for 20 on 3s will get you beat almost every time.
The criticism of fans is legit. But the media says what they say because this is a passionate fan base that supports this team and expects excellence but we just don't have much post season success.

Check out the Kentucky forums after their loss. Media cuts them shack because their blue bloods.

The fact Dickinson finished that game with 2 fouls, while we had 6 players with 2 or more tells a lot.

Ultimately Michigan played to their strength at the end and were able to win, hit FTs when they needed to. I hope we see one of our young bigs develop into a legit interior threat.

Reactions: firestorm
I really don’t want to read anything about how we lost because the refs or how the media was against us. Our entire offensive philosophy is being able to hit the threes and we couldn’t hit them to save our lives today. It’s easy to forget that we’ve had a few games this season in which we couldn’t hit threes and we either lost or only scored 40 or 50 points. We need some one who can add something under the basket. Right now we have three guys who are afraid of contact and Uros who is just about as unathletic of a player as you will find.

Agree. Have we won a game this year with less than 8-10 made three balls? I have no clue and can’t find in google. I was concerned @ the 6 min mark as I was afraid Michigan would clamp down the interior and make us win from perimeter.

Reactions: CJBlaze
To all folks who are bashing this loss. Think about this.

There are 350 D1 Bball teams. There are only 130 D1 Football teams and only the top 15 really matter each year. No way a 120 can be in the game at all with a team in the top 10 in Football.

Point is that basketball is way more competitive. Sure there are very few teams that are around that top 5 each year but on any given day a lower team may come up and surprise someone. (St Peter’s over Kentucky, Oral Roberts I believe it was last year).

Let that sink in a bit.

We won the SEC championship first time since 1979 and next year should be pre season top 10 again. Barnes can’t go out there and make the 3s. This was super competitive. 2 or more 3 pointers fall for us and everyone on here would be saying how great we are.

Were they bad calls or a result of UT making mistakes or being undisciplined? It’s a cop out for fans to always blame the refs when we were 100% responsible for the poor shooting and decision making in the last 7 minutes.
In all of history, Tennessee fans have never been involved in a fairly officiated game in any type of sporting event.

Having expectations is the curse of a Vol fan. Win the SEC and you have to get to the elite 8. You are one of the 8 best teams in the country. Anything less is a disappointment. No Chandler and James next year. This was your shot.

VN Store

Back