The Official #5 Tennessee @ Mississippi State Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Someone explain to me the ref blowing the play dead when Santi got the steal with a clear path and layup.
According to the referee, since the ball never crossed half court and no one had control of it after 10 seconds, it’s a backcourt 10 second violation on MS and we get the ball.

Tell me what this team has that makes you think they will. No depth at the 5. Santi and JJJ play to much. But hey let's continue to recruit top 100 players and let them ride the bench for guys who've had 5 years to show they haven't improved the last 4.
We should have offered Vescovi and James NIL money to NOT come back.

Reactions: acd4476
Not just that. Terrible turnovers. That pass by V late in the game should have him sitting the next half. You just can’t make that dumb of a play in that situation. Maybe if you’re a freshman. And the you sit the freshman so he learns.
It was an extremely bad pass, but it didn’t help Tolu smith literally laying on top of Awaka

Can't play in the SEC with limited or non existent inside game, it has been Barnes' overall shortcoming for decades now, don't see it getting any better this year, while the shots fell to get back in thegame after a typical on the road first half disaster with the predictable scoring droughts, down the stretch, Bullies are shooting in close, Tennessee is running a playground offense with air balls and bricks from downtown

Reactions: AppStVol
Someone explain to me the ref blowing the play dead when Santi got the steal with a clear path and layup.
I’m assuming that when the clock hit 20 and he hadn’t crossed the half court line and vescovi didn’t have possession yet the back court has to be called. If that’s the case in that situation with a clear path steal you swallow the whistle.

A few instant takeaways:

1) we were soft against Tolu. Whether it was our bigs in man to man situations or our guards doubling down, we weren’t tough enough against him tonight

2) a lot of rotation questions coming out of this one. Jmo but Gainey’s minutes go to Dillione going forward if I’m coach

3) Veterans struggle. JJJ, Vescovi, and Mashack made some defensive plays but were nonexistent on the offensive end

4) Knecht was awesome in the second half. Shame he was exhausted those last couple of minutes

5) playing 18 great minutes ain’t enough on the road against a good team getting all the calls. Can’t play terrible for over half the game and win a game like this

Reactions: hUTch2002
Embarrassing that MSST almost lost that game. Vescovi, JJJ, Aidoo, Gainey all played terrible games. Lost the free throw battle. Refs were determined to give them free shots every time they got the ball inside. Plus we were on the road and

MSST a terrible 3 pt shooting team also had their one and only 3 pt shooter go 50%.

And we still barely lost. There is alot to be encouraged about. It takes alot of things going against us to lose.

awaka gotta be stronger than that, i’m sorry
Don't understand why he can't stay on his feet. He needs some coordination training or something. He is always on the floor. Use to think it was him giving maximum effort but now just think the dude is uncoordinated.

VN Store

Back