The Official #5 Tennessee vs. Louisville Game Thread, 5:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I'll take the win. We will find out a lot about how ELITE this team is over the next few weeks. (Possibly Kansas, Gonzaga, and @ memphis)

Reactions: Larkin
I'll take the win......ugly, but I'll take it
How was that an ugly win? We shot 54% from the floor and we only had 10 turnovers for the game. We also had more assists than they did and more total rebounds. You can point to foul shooting, I guess... but even that seems like nit-picking. We hit 8 threes (which is good for us) and won the game by 11 points.

How was that an ugly win? We shot 54% from the floor and we only had 10 turnovers for the game. We also had more assists than they did and more total rebounds. You can point to foul shooting, I guess... but even that seems like nit-picking. We hit 8 threes (which is good for us) and won the game by 11 points.
Seems to me that their team was mostly having to shoot for threes (and they were doing better than they average) or go for the free throws. We played really well.

Which is hilarious because after the Duke/UK game, a UK fan at work swore to me that Duke wouldn't lose a game.
Unfortunately I live in Lexington and believe me I heard so many excuses from them about that game. They just weren’t even close to Duke, simple as that

I'm very pleased with Fulk so far. Kinda wish he would have crashed the boards a little harder, but he played a great game. Not sure if he missed tonight.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Not sure we're in their league yet, but fixing to find out Friday.

You want to be the man, you have to beat the man! - Ric Flair

giphy.gif

Starters played more minutes than I expected. Did Walker get in game? Fulkerson played well, looked much more athletic. Offensive ececution was pretty good for game 4.

Reactions: ttocswob
Just watched. I think Louisville hit some congested shots that you really can’t do much about. Nice win. Let’s go Vols.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Louisville has a weak inside presence, but they have some good talent. We did as I expected minus the Cards hitting some ridiculous 3s.
Our interior defense had a lot to do with their inside presence. watched a couple of their games and actually thought they could bring it. Hitting 3s with a hand in their face is all that kept them in the game.

Starters played more minutes than I expected. Did Walker get in game? Fulkerson played well, looked much more athletic. Offensive ececution was pretty good for game 4.

I’ve been very hard on Fulkerson but he’s really impressed me so far this season.

I think his injury set him back but he’s getting better.

Reactions: The Dog
ESPN talking heads didn't say a word about TN's win in their post game coverage. But they did raise the question which of Gonzaga or Kansas will be ranked #1 next week. They've already assumed that Kansas beats Marquette and TN. ESPN hates us.

VN Store

Back