The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

Lord help us if Bama wins the Natty but they are a really hot team right now at the right time and are playing better defense and that’s a perfect combination to win big in March.
Bama had little to nothing to do with Davis going 0-9 from 3.

My game plan to beat the Vols would be to trap Zeigler near mid-court and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible. I noticed Creighton did this to the Oregon guard that was killing them both with his shooting and assists and pulled away in overtime. ZZ is the engine, been hearing it from coaches all week.

Barnes said in today's News Sentinel that Vescovi should be able to play.

I’m more concerned if it is the flu that other players might start being affected by it. Also if TN advances that Vescovi will be worn down on Sunday. I think with the help of modern pharmaceuticals that SV will be fine tonight. He might even have a medicated ‘edge’.

Reactions: Volfan1000
My game plan to beat the Vols would be to trap Zeigler near mid-court and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible. I noticed Creighton did this to the Oregon guard that was killing them both with his shooting and assists and pulled away in overtime. ZZ is the engine, been hearing it from coaches all week.
Good plan, BUT, the best laid plans of mice and men are often brought to naught……..Ziegler is a handful. I put my money on Ziegler being such a pest on the Jays’ point guard so that no overtime will be needed!

Reactions: FlVols
I am hoping Creighton does not shoot like Kentucky did in Knoxville. Gonna have to defend well again tonight to hang in there.

The more interesting question might be who wants to wear the same thing tonight that they for the first two games but lacks the intellect to remember what he wore for the first two games? 🙋‍♂️
I live in (basically) downtown Nashville, walking distance to Nissan, and we had some appointments with the kids out in Brentwood today. Everyone in the southern ‘burbs had on their Big Orange regalia. Only smatterings in Nashville, but the UT Nash alumni org has their official bar a couple blocks down from us.

Like @Proud Army Wife , I don’t have the nerves to watch tip, but will tune in after about 5 mins. I also rarely drink now for past noted majorly serious health reasons, but I’m 3 margs in. Did I mention I’m nervous?!? 😂

So, football gal + rare drinker, now pre-gaming like I would have circa 3 yrs ago = I CARE A LOT ABOUT MY SCHOOL AND MY VOLS!!!

If Vescovi is a no go, it will be interesting to see if Barnes goes with a seven- or eight-man rotation. Barnes has gone to the Freshman when he had to during the season, but none of them were able to carve out a role this season.

I’m seeing some rumors online that Vescovi is out tonight. Have any of our insiders heard anything? Is he feeling better, or is he a no go? @Stoerner Fumbles @bleedingTNorange
The game is in his head and has been all season long. His contribution has been defense and that takes a ton of energy. He's not the greatest athlete to begin with so if he's not 100%, I wouldn't blame him for sitting out. He knows Barnes will play him if he's available so maybe this just forces Barnes hand? To be honest, I'm wondering how much "want to" Vescovi has right now. The way this season has gone for the kid has to be weighing on him in ways we can't imagine. Great VFL, and I hate the way things turned out for him. Know it's not the way a competitor wants to go out or how he wants to be remembered.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back