The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. #11 [3] Creighton Game Thread, 10:09 PM ET, TBS/truTV

With where Aidoo seems to be at mentally this weekend, perfect that he now gets to face the biggest monster in college basketball

Should be great to watch

He gave serious compliments to Barnes (“He is a HOF coach”). A lot of folks here ridicule we Pearl lovers, well STHU. Bruce spoke glowingly of our program tonight.

Bruce still loves this area and program. Bruce ain’t some bad guy because he told a minor lie lmao. We’d all be bad people then

I’m still happier with Barnes in the long run, but without Pearl making the job attractive there may have not been a Barnes era. So I’ll give the guy his due. And he was fired for a pretty dumb reason.
I wasnt being clear enough. I figure the Auburn fans are sick of Bruce saying good things about Tennessee.

Bruce still loves this area and program. Bruce ain’t some bad guy because he told a minor lie lmao. We’d all be bad people then

Right. My only issue was that he lied about it, but all coaches have been there at some point im sure. Some of his stuff is silly in hindsight considering you can do all of it now.

They shot over 40 free throws in Maui. If we get jobbed like that again then we lose.
Loyer is really the one that killed us in Maui. Had like 28 points I think. We have to disrupt their guards just like we did tonight and make it more difficult to get the ball into Edey. Jay Wright noted they almost always enter it from the wing on the right side and he said TN has the ability to disrupt that.

I'm with ya on that. Bruce getting up on that railing in front of the students who'd waited for two days to get tickets, yelling "We are your team, I am your coach - and we are going to KICK FLORIDA'S ASS!" was it for me. Unranked, taking on #2 Florida, and the man called his shot. I don't think I could ever hate Pearl after that.

Everything's moved on, to be clear. But he gave us something special back then and it changed the course of the Tennessee men's basketball program.
Nobody that was a student at the time could deny what he did for the program

VN Store

Back