The Official #8 Tennessee @ Arkansas Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN2

92-62 16.1…ok..I’m out see you at Vandy game or tomorrow night big win over Lady Cocks…lol

Great bounce back from last game. Arkansas has been a mess this year, but it’s still a road game and any win in Bud Walton is good and that one was just a thumping.

Good road win. The only complaint is that Vescovi has lost his mojo right now but Gainey has taken his place. I just wish they could both be going at the same time--especially during the tournament.

In the words of that great American Roy D. Mercer: “Hey Razorbacks. How long has it been since you had a good ole country ass whoopin?”

Well, even with the win, I’ll say it:

I’m ready for baseball season to start!

(It sounds better than it does after a loss)

Good performance tonight. Played a bad team in a half empty gym and beat the snot of them. Said earlier this week as have others that Aidoo is the X factor. When he plays well, everything else takes care of itself. That held true tonight (although against a team absent of a decent post player). Need to see him play at a high level against the better teams going forward for this team to reach its potential. Great game from Gainey as well. Good to see him shoot the ball so well.

Two more games upcoming against bottom feeder teams that should be straightforward wins for Tennessee. After that, the gauntlet begins. Every team has holes, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top in the last couple of weeks of the season.

Aside from that most of my takeaways center around how shockingly bad Arkansas is. No chemistry amongst that team. Fans have no belief in that bunch as evidenced by the thousands of empty seats tonight. Musselmen doesn’t even seem to be as engaged as he historically is. Regardless of if the rumors are true of Arky’s locker room activities, that team is dysfunctional and Musselmen looks like a coach who can’t wait for the season to end.

VN Store

Back