The Official Mizzou @ Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. April 25 7:30PM EST SEC NET) (Fri. April 26 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. April 27 Noon EST SECNET)

That’s no shock anymore…it’s been that way all year in spots and I knew with how lackluster Mizzou is we would continue seeing them. It’s a damn shame though. Great team and group of guys.
A lot of corporate tickets and they need to do a better job finding people to use their tickets.

Pitching was solid. Beam pitched a shutout until the 8th. Kirby came in and shut the door. Combs got the final out.

Hitting left a bit to be desired. First game with no home runs at home in as long as I can remember
Just practicing our small ball. Gonna need it come tournament time.

What a defensive game the guys had last night. I did wait until the game was over to give them props. Hopefully the bats get back on track today with warmer weather. Still feeling like we get the sweep . GB🍊

Honestly I was shocked at the empty seats

Let's see if we can figure it out or come with some good ideas about attendance:

I live in GA, go to GT andddd yesterday was the first day of finals at all the state schools in GA. Finals run from yesterday, Friday, to this coming Thursday. Maybe Tennessee is on the same schedule?

I didn't get a good look at the student section for the past two games, so if it was thin, maybe they're getting ready for finals?

---------
Health:

Unattended to allergies can very quickly go from a runny nose to an ear ache to post nasal drip to a very mild sore throat to a blood oxygen level of 78% and having to put your life on hold. That could happen to Vols fans that are parents or happen to one of their kids. Dealing with any part of that "arc of health" issue would result in more open seats.

Either way, it was an anomaly imo to see Lindsey Nelson with open seats at a home game.

Any other guesses?

VN Store

Back