The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
His next class is very important...Michael Porter will be leaving early for the NBA and they'll lose the graduate transfer, if they don't have a solid 2018 class then I don't see much sustained success.

I'm not sure what the ceiling is for their team this year, I really could see anywhere from a 17-23 win team, hard for me to see them doing much better/worse than that.

They don't have much returning do they? They were pretty bad last year.

His next class is very important...Michael Porter will be leaving early for the NBA and they'll lose the graduate transfer, if they don't have a solid 2018 class then I don't see much sustained success.

I'm not sure what the ceiling is for their team this year, I really could see anywhere from a 17-23 win team, hard for me to see them doing much better/worse than that.
Who is the graduate transfer?

They don't have much returning do they? They were pretty bad last year.

Yeah they are bringing in 2 good players but with the returning talent most teams will scheme to take away Porter and make the other subpar talent beat you.

If the younger porter gets into the 2017 class as well - would he also be a one & done like his brother?

It will be interesting to see how CCM does with essentially no talent on the roster but the young guys he brings in and they will transition out after a year could be hard to build long term.

Currently have the #6 class in the country and likely will finish higher than that with Jontay Porter expected to join the 2017 class still
He pulls together good groups of talent, but often misses his chance to get them to play their A game. I saw posted here that he hired some offensive minded guys. Thats good for Cuonzo. I think I even read Cuonzo flat out said he needed to focus on defense and let someone else do the offense stuff. Do you know what I'm talking about?

He pulls together good groups of talent, but often misses his chance to get them to play their A game. I saw posted here that he hired some offensive minded guys. Thats good for Cuonzo. I think I even read Cuonzo flat out said he needed to focus on defense and let someone else do the offense stuff. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Yea, I posted that article. Apparently he's gonna be the defensive guy and he's got 2 assistants focusing on offense, 1 of which was an assistant under Fred Hoiberg.

Yea, I posted that article. Apparently he's gonna be the defensive guy and he's got 2 assistants focusing on offense, 1 of which was an assistant under Fred Hoiberg.

I actually would commend him for this. Self awareness and being able to recognize your strengths and weaknesses and then address them when putting together your team is a trait of a strong leader.

He must understand that the classic slow paced 40-55 ppg Cuonzo Martin gameplan isn't the best fit for elite players. No 5 star combo guard wants to give up a chance for a transition bucket after a steal in order to slow down and set up the offense. The old Cuonzo would have used up the entire shot clock every possession if he had it his way. Slow the offensive game down and put the emphasis on defense.

Alabama lands Texas SF transfer Tevin Mack . Man Avery Johnson squad at Bama is going to be nice these upcoming years .

Alabama lands Texas SF transfer Tevin Mack . Man Avery Johnson squad at Bama is going to be nice these upcoming years .

Avery Johnson is still questionable as a coach. He's recruiting the best but has yet to sniff the NCAA Tournament. Not saying Bama won't be great in a couple of years but let's remember, he did lose to Barnes.

And adds more fuel to the anti-Barnes crowd lol.

Texas Basketball > Tennessee Basketball

Big12 Basketball > SEC Basketball

Simple as that - this isn't a RB vs Shaka Smart thing - Texas won 11 games last year and had a lottery pick on the squad but its Texas so they will still get their share of top talent.

It seems like to me he does pretty good getting top line talently but misses very badly on his role players....they typically don't contribute much at all.

Texas Basketball > Tennessee Basketball

Big12 Basketball > SEC Basketball

Simple as that - this isn't a RB vs Shaka Smart thing - Texas won 11 games last year and had a lottery pick on the squad but its Texas so they will still get their share of top talent.

Trust me, it will be made into a "RB vs Shaka Smart" thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Sad to miss on Bamba, but the kid is smart and will get to be the man down there. Hope he does well for Shaka. He came across as a great young man.

Me too . They really might have won it this time .

I just don't see it with this years UK, with or without Bama, way too young imo. Maybe I'll ultimately end up being very wrong but I feel this is going to be one of the most challenging years Calipari has had at UK...especially if he misses on the graduate transfers he's pursued.

Amazing come back by the Lady Vol softball team today. Losing in a perfect game into the 6th (next to last) inning. Left the bases loaded in the 6th... no runs.

Down 3-0 going into the top if the 7th. Two outs. Then a two run hit. Then a 3 run home run. Then a 2 run home run. TN wins 7-3 and plays at noon Sunday. Any one of the three team playing the next two games today will be in the loser's bracket and will have to win two versus the LVs tomorrow. TN is 2-0 and only needs one win to advance.

The LVs were down to their last out, down 3-0, facing having to win 3 games in a row to advance. Instead they have to win one of two tomorrow to advance.

I think that Ralph Weekly is retiring as soon as the season is over.

Amazing come back by the Lady Vol softball team today. Losing in a perfect game into the 6th (next to last) inning. Left the bases loaded in the 6th... no runs.

Down 3-0 going into the top if the 7th. Two outs. Then a two run hit. Then a 3 run home run. Then a 2 run home run. TN wins 7-3 and plays at noon Sunday. Any one of the three team playing the next two games today will be in the loser's bracket and will have to win two versus the LVs tomorrow. TN is 2-0 and only needs one win to advance.

The LVs were down to their last out, down 3-0, facing having to win 3 games in a row to advance. Instead they have to win one of two tomorrow to advance.

I think that Ralph Weekly is retiring as soon as the season is over.
Why would he retire????

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back