The Official Tennessee @ #3 Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:00pm ET, ESPN

So far, the only SEC team to not score ONE TD in 2 conference games in a row. Most concerning is at home against the same UF team that gave up 42 to an average Mizzou team in the swamp. There's bad offensive teams and then there's horrendous. Worley is terrible and the nO-line is terrible both dependent and independent of each other.
Mizzou had one offensive TD

Do you get paid for every exclamation point you use? Every post you have is filled with about 50 of them. I mean every post you have is filled with about 50 of them!!!!!

Yeah I tend to use them a lot when discussing Tennessee football anymore...lol it helps

would get "thread you are looking for no longer exists" for at least an hour or more

That means it was moved it deleted. Sometimes that happens on mobile when threads get merged. if you're on mobile you can go to PC Mode and click on the thread then come back to mobile.

This really is not the place to discuss technical issues so if you want to continue feel fee to emai me: vol_freak@yahoo.com.

Seems like would call some plays that allows Hurd to be successful. He has to really work for everything he gets. If he ever gets past the line of scrimmage without contact he must wonder if he's dreaming. Love that guys intensity and drive. Hope we get to see him play a year or two with a solid O-line

Reactions: 1 person
would get "thread you are looking for no longer exists" for at least an hour or more

Perhaps the thread you were trying to post to had been temporarily removed for sanitizing. Maybe multiple times, and each time you tried to post, it was in a Special Place.

I've gotten some sort of message like that before, and after a while it came back. :dunno:

eta: sorry, please disregard; Freak has already replied above.

Worley sucks, wouldn't make a pimple on an OVC quarterbacks arse. Maybe next year we get a commit that can lead an SEC team. SMH.

Totally agree. Ole Miss had 11 sacks coming in and almost matched that total tonight. I struggle understanding how our line can be this bad.

I know I'm not the only one who can see a sack coming before the ball is snapped. Maybe we just shouldn't run 4 and 5 receiver sets. Need to keep 7 in to block at all times.

Your last paragraph is asking this staff to adjust, something they've yet to do. It should've taken only the OU game to realize we need to run 2 TE sets, have an HB or a full blown FB to help out. Yet they continue to run the same crap expecting it to magically change. Good coaches adjust, crappy coaches either refuse to cause they're stubborn or are incapable of it.

You think they can do that every game?

That's irrelevant. The OP said we're the only SEC team yet to score a TD in consecutive games and people start pointing out Mizzou only had 1 offensive one. They still had 1 and it doesn't change the fact we've managed an impressive 4 FG's in 8 QT's.

That's irrelevant. The OP said we're the only SEC team yet to score a TD in consecutive games and people start pointing out Mizzou only had 1 offensive one. They still had 1 and it doesn't change the fact we've managed an impressive 4 FG's in 8 QT's.

Missed the context of what you were saying.

so happy we fired fulmer 7yrs ago we are right were we deserve to be as vol fans. well lets fire jones now right. then we can go another 7 more yrs will crap luck (karma) I don't care if butch goes 5-7 for the next 2 yrs. please let him build this team. he's just playing with what he's been given.

Hambone fired Fulmer with no plan to replace him with a proven winning college coach who understood the SEC. Phil deserved a hell of a lot better than we gave him. We could have transitioned in a coach in waiting as FSU did with Jimbo and Bobby. Instead we left a VFL who delivered a national championship broken and crying on tv. So when we could not find a big name coach to come in to replace him and Kiffin in a lurch, we got the karmic sucker punch. Now, we are finally seeing real signs of rebuilding, but the program was damaged more than most will admit with multiple fiascos in hiring Kiffin and Dooley. I truly believe Butch is the right man. Comparing Dooley to Kiffin is a ridiculous excercise. It will take time and some damn good recruiting. Butch has shown and continues to show he can recruit. Losing sucks, but trashing the program at this point will only set us back further. November is winnable and that would get us a bowl.

Reactions: 3 people
Hambone fired Fulmer with no plan to replace him with a proven winning college coach who understood the SEC. Phil deserved a hell of a lot better than we gave him. We could have transitioned in a coach in waiting as FSU did with Jimbo and Bobby. Instead we left a VFL who delivered a national championship broken and crying on tv. So when we could not find a big name coach to come in to replace him and Kiffin in a lurch, we got the karmic sucker punch. Now, we are finally seeing real signs of rebuilding, but the program was damaged more than most will admit with multiple fiascos in hiring Kiffin and Dooley. I truly believe Butch is the right man. Comparing Dooley to Kiffin is a ridiculous excercise. It will take time and some damn good recruiting. Butch has shown and continues to show he can recruit. Losing sucks, but trashing the program at this point will only set us back further. November is winnable and that would get us a bowl.

4-8 means no bowl

VN Store

Back