The Official Tennessee @ Auburn Series Thread (Fri. April 5th 7PM EST) (Sat. April 6th 4:30PM EST) (Sun. April 7th 2PM EST) (All Games On SECNET+)

Causey - K (3-pitch K).

Double to RF to the wall.

Bunt single down the 3B line.

*Runners on the corners with 1 out*

RBI base hit up to CF. Runner from 3B scores.

*Runners on 2B and 1B with 1 out*

*AJ Causey's day is done after 42 pitches and 4 K's. Combs to the mound*

War Eagle leads 6-5. Bottom of the 2nd. Tigers score 1 run in the inning thus far.

AJ Causey's day is done after 42 pitches and 4 K's. Combs to the mound

*Runners on 2B and 1B with 1 out*

Combs - BB (4-pitch walk).

*Bases loaded with 1 out*

Grounder to 2B. Attempted 4-6-3 double play. Runner at 1B is safe. Runner at 3B scores.

*Runners on the corners with 2 outs*

RBI base hit between 3B-SS into LF. Runner from 3B scores.

*Runners on 2B and 1B with 2 outs*

Attempted bunt for an out.

War Eagle leads 8-5. End of the 2nd. Tigers score 3 runs in the inning.

Combs is at 14 pitches and 0 K's. UT pitchers have 4 K's on the day.

8 runs given up in 2 innings does not a winning team make. They have to figure something out the offense can't keep up that pace forever

Reactions: minorvol
Leaving the bases juiced hurt last inning. I hope that's not the difference at the end of the night.
It won’t be….pitching and defense might be…swear we could have turned two just then…will have to rewatch but that throw to first lacked effort imo

This is the worst I can remember our pitching being in the FA era. Kind of hard to remember all the way back to 2017, but I’m not sure even the early years were this rough. Still a long way to go. Need AJ Russell to get healthy.

Reactions: tnvols72
I've been spoiled by elite pitching these last two seasons. Our pitching staff is STRUGGLING so far this season. I hope they eventually get it together.

Thank goodness for our lineup.

VN Store

Back