The Official Tennessee @ Florida Series Thread (Fri. May 3rd Game 1 3PM EST, Game 2 after SECNET+) (Sat. May 4th 6:30PM EST SECNET+)

Do they play a series against the opponent and then advance to the finals? How’s it work from there.
It’s single elimination the way I understand it. The first school to 4 points moves on. @Volprofch05 may know more about it 🤷‍♂️

Here’s how it works, they start out with 3 simultaneous doubles matches (one set each). Whichever team wins 2 of those 3 wins 1 overall team point. They then move to 6 singles matches (best of 3 sets) and each win is worth another one overall team point. That yields a total of 7 possible points, first team to 4 wins and advances. It’s all over within 2-3 hours, but it’s sort of a series since at least 6 players are involved.

Last edited:
Here’s how it works, they start out with 3 simultaneous doubles matches (one set each). Whichever team wins 2 of those 3 wins 1 overall team point. They then move to 6 singles matches (best of 3 sets) and each win is worth another one overall team point. That yields a total of 7 possible points, first team to 4 wins and advances. It’s all over without 2-3 hours, but it’s sort of a series since at least 6 players are involved.
Doubles point from here on out means the world…if we win the doubles point we could go all the way! Lose the doubles point and it’s gets tough.

I feel Tony V is handling our pitching ordeal as good as you possibly can... Using guys to start games that def not originally intended but gauging when to use guys to fill in and relieve.... Not having Russell has been a hit but filling the gaps and guys grinding has been huge... Need a few more to step up but been a heckava job!

We learned today that Ensley needs to be in the lineup every day moving forward. He's been up and down this season, but he's a grinder. Not that we learned today, but Stark is such a key player for us. Really proud of how he's improved and become a vocal team leader.

We learned today that Ensley needs to be in the lineup every day moving forward. He's been up and down this season, but he's a grinder. Not that we learned today, but Stark is such a key player for us. Really proud of how he's improved and become a vocal team leader.
Put Ensley maybe at 6th. Then possibly me at 7.

Would do us a solid. And then hopefully A&M can sweep the piglets to end the season so we can sneak in the back door to win the conference outright.
I am actually getting more concerned about UK now. Their schedule doesn't look as difficult with Vandy tanking, not that I am complaining about that.

Reactions: VolPack22

VN Store

Back