The Official Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Fellow Vol dudes and dudesses, I will be in the air from Barbados to Cape Verde tomorrow during game time. Cheer hard and down a few extra favorite bevs for me during the game. I will have to see the results when I land. Hoping for the best. Will be checking the score peeking through my fingers when I land. WGWTFA.

Tell the guys in the Cape Verde fish market "hi" from me. I thought we were going to have a running gun battle to get my wife out of there during my last visit!! lol

Reactions: Shades
They talked to Finebaum this morning and the narrative was Dan Mullen really needs this win. It's always the other team that really needs the win. Tennessee really is looked down upon on a national level.
I think Finebaum means there is more pressure on Florida to win tonight. I agree with that. Gators have already lost pretty handily at home to KY.

Lordy I hate me some Gators.... Please let the lines do their job today and play smashmouth football for a full game!

Go Big Orange!

Reactions: lawhack
I’m in Knoxville and impressed as always by the beautiful scenery on the drive up. Gorgeous state, proud to be an American.

Can’t wish y’all luck but I do wish that both teams play their best, emerge better and injury-free.
Welcome to k town!

Reactions: Jaws
I’m in Knoxville and impressed as always by the beautiful scenery on the drive up. Gorgeous state, proud to be an American.

Can’t wish y’all luck but I do wish that both teams play their best, emerge better and injury-free.

Classy post.

I feel like this year is the determining year on which way this rivalry goes for the next little while. Both teams are "down." Both teams have a new coach. All things feel equal. Feel like this is gonna set a trajectory for both programs. Maybe most important game on our schedule.

They talked to Finebaum this morning and the narrative was Dan Mullen really needs this win. It's always the other team that really needs the win. Tennessee really is looked down upon on a national level.

Going winless in the SEC and 4-8 on the season, tends to make the pundits look down on any program, no?
Go Vols

I hope we win today but this is the least anxious and nervous about this game I have been....ever. Been beaten down too many times to where my nerves have been permanently damaged. Still want us to win more than anything...Go Vols.

Heart racing and getting excited...can’t wait for 7:00 and hopeful we’ll be hungry and ready to eat up some Gator. Go Vols!!

Thunderstorms 8 until 10 may be a long game.
If we have another slow start, a delay might help us and give pruitt a chance to make some extra adjustments. I think rain only helps us. I think under the lights and crowd franks would have more trouble in some rain.

At least we are not Nebraska out the gate 0-2 and down 39-0 at half against Michigan. If we can win today i think we can still win 6.

VN Store

Back